Due to expansion, we are looking for an experienced manager to join our busy out of school care service in East Renfrewshire. The successful applicant must be PVG checked, satisfy SSSC post requirements and hold a relevant childcare qualification. The post is up to 28 hours per week with either a term time or year round contract available by negotiation. Previous supervisory experience in a childcare setting essential, preferably in out of school care.
This post offers flexible working in a warm and welcoming childcare setting. It is for up to 28 hours per week by negotiation, commencing August 2017 (annualised hours contract). Our rate of pay is £12.50 per hour with a term time contract available if preferred. .
Clarkston After School Care Service is a busy and growing out of school care service serving 6 primary schools in East Renfrewshire. Due to expansion, with a new service due to open in August 2017, we require a manager to join the team.
The Service Manager will be responsible for:
- Taking a proactive approach to the organisation and planning of CASS activities, the deployment of staff (assigning key groups and room planning, delegating tasks etc) and monthly submissions to the Director as required.
- The recruitment, induction and ongoing support of all staff, in consultation with the Director.
- Demonstrating a commitment to your own Continued Professional Development and that of your team.
- Conducting performance reviews and appraisals.
- Where required, attending relevant forums/groups and ensure accurate and timely communication of information.
- Liaising with staff and parents, ensuring communication systems are effective and that staff are aware of their role.
- Chairing, supporting and facilitating staff team meetings.
- Communicating information throughout the team efficiently and effectively.
- Link with relevant agencies to provide excellent integrated services (i.e. Care Inspectorate, schools etc)
|- Delivering high quality childcare, and have the ability to understand and apply quality assessment tools. |
- Ensuring legislation is met, that CASS implements continuity and standardisation in relation to files, policies and record keeping and that all CASS files and records are kept up to date.
- Assessing and managing risk and carrying out relevant assessments.
- Developing, implementing and promoting CASS policies and procedures.
- Supporting the development of the business and contributing to the organisations development plan.
Person specification for the post:
-A relevant professional qualification with
- Experience of working in childcare services,
-SSSC Registration as a Manager (or
- A working knowledge of Child Protection, First Aid, Food Hygiene, Infection Prevention and Control, GIRFEC and Curriculum for Excellence.
- Experience with the Care Inspectorate requirements and implementing the National Care Standards
- Experience of developing services.
-Conversant with Health & Safety procedures and legislation.
-Experience of developing, monitoring and evaluating service development planning within defined activities and timescales
-Additional play work qualification or equivalent
- Drivers license
-Organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of staff.
- Excellent recording and reporting skills.
- Ability to compile and present reports to a high standard.
- Ability to motivate and support staff.
- IT literate (Word, Excel).
- Ability to exercise initiative and innovation.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure, to set timescales and meet deadlines
The successful applicant must hold a relevant childcare qualification and be eligible to register with SSSC at Manager of Day Care of Children's Services. The successful applicant must have previous supervisory experience in a childcare setting and demonstrate a passion for and knowledge of out of school care provision.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free