Globalme is a language and technology company located in Vancouver, Canada. We will be executing a project in the UK to record speech sentences from native UK English speakers between the ages of 7-65 for the development of a new speech-related product. We are currently looking for a project assistant to assist with this project in up to six different UK cities.
Projected Start Date: Remote telephone work - Immediate. On location: April 10th.
Skype interviews being held this afternoon. (7th April)
This project will require extensive travel and weekend availability.
Apply now for immediate consideration.What is expected from the Project Assistant?
- Travel to up to 6 cities within the UK
- Set-up/take down necessary recording equipment
- Recruit and schedule participants (within given ratio requirements) to come in for 1-hour sessions and record speech sentences for the development of a new speech-related product.
- Welcome participants and ensure that they sign all release and NDA forms prior to recording.
- Give instructions to participants, conduct recording sessions and ensure participants say each sentence as it is written.
Ensure recording equipment is positioned and set correctly throughout the duration of the project.
- Bachelor's degree (students welcome to apply)
- Previous customer service experience
- Computer savvy -- you consider yourself as a technical person and get excited about new technologies, applications etc.
- People person -- through effective communication and the right personality type you will be able to get the best out of the people on your team.
- Achiever -- you don't settle for less and you can prove it.
- Focused on quality -- you pay attention to details and can't stand sloppy work.
- Hard worker -- and you can prove it by your previous experiences.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English -- you need to feel comfortable in presenting your ideas.
- Driven -- you're not someone who needs to be micromanaged and you don't wait around for problems or quality concerns to hit others' radars before brainstorming a fix.
- Problem solver -- you figure out problems that rarely have textbook solutions. "Let me figure this out" is a sentence you use often.
- Open to receiving feedback -- you focus on solutions and improvements rather than finding excuses why something doesn't work.
- Positive -- you have a "nothing is impossible attitude". You believe that everything can be done.
- Self-starter -- you see a clear link between your actions and their outcomes. You don't sit around and wait for others to tell you what to do.
- Student of life -- you work continuously on being better in whatever you do and are interested in improving your skills. You can find online resources to learn things you don't know.
- Clever and fast -- you understand things quickly and are not confused about simple things.
- Resourceful -- you have a head with plenty of good ideas.
- Education Level
- College, University
- Type of Contract
- Temporary Full Time
- Type of Job
- Project Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required