Part 1. Research/Administration: conducting
standard level research (online) and through other means such as, exhibitions
or events (for printed matter), and to support admin tasks by;
- Participating in consultations with Founder and Archivist to discuss project specifications, workflow, and potential problems.
- Defining and identifying data selected from project briefs for presenting and sharing research outputs to Founder and Archivist.
- Coordination of data collection and data processing streams (linking processes of research from start to finish).
- Manage projects to stay in line with meeting deadlines and accuracy/completeness of projects.
- Perform quality control on collected and processed data; track reports.
- Prioritize and complete assigned projects and workload.
- Provide bi-monthly status reports to Founder and Archivist (performance reports).
- Maintain tracking reports for all data collected and processed.
- Support administration tasks as required, such as minute taking at bi-monthly meetings, plus support social media strategies.
Information Legislation: work with confidential documents and information adhering to Data Protection Act principles by; ensuring records are accurately recorded and retained for business purpose and not for personal use (and dealt with in the strictest of confidence).
- Ensure records are processed fairly and lawfully under current Data Protection
- legislation (for each territory) i.e. outside of the EU.
Part 3. Communications –
- Work efficiently between the Council's internal and external facing network and contacts by; Providing good interpersonal skills: the ability to liaise with staff at all levels by establishing professional relationships with the people you come into contact with.
- Responsible for ensuring good communication skills (oral/written/presentation) is delivered.
- Responsible for communicating clearly when presenting research and reports.
Training, policies, and operations:
- We offer full training and provide all project management tools to administer research: templates and demonstrations will be given to you and support throughout all undertakings.
- We expect you to carry out your responsibilities with due regard to the department's policies and procedures relating to the Health & Safety in the workplace are adhered to at all times.
- We expect that you respect the confidentiality of data stored physically and electronically and by other means in line with Data Protection Act principles.
Part 5. Liaising and Networking –
Work with the Council's staff and networks effectively by; Participating actively as a member of CFC research team by attending meetings and events with both internal and external steering groups (from time to time).
This post will prepare and equip you with extended research skills in profile making, presentation, data collating and analysis, together with communication experience for the following areas;
- International communications.
- Institutional communications.
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth.
- Experience of key working development with senior management; the Founder and Head Archivist, plus external facing networks.
- management skills; data collation, data analysis, and the presentation and reporting of data.
- Research skills: specifically linked to fashion council business undertakings and that of the Commonwealth Fashion Archives.
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Type of Job
- Admin / Secretarial
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required