Assistant (Design, Retail & Marketing) in Manchester City Centre
I am actively recruiting for a personal assistant. The role is varied comprising of fashion design, retail shop assistance, marketing and various other tasks and errands as they arrive. It would suit someone who has studied fashion design or has retail shop experience and want to learn more about the marketing side of things. Please note it is essential you be able to sew and have garment construction skills as that is part of the role. If you have intermediate sewing skills but no formal training, you may be considered as well.
The right candidate and personality type will play a huge factor into recruiting for the role.
The role will start off as part time but will have the opportunity to grow into a full time position based on business growth. Please note the company culture is very much a start up feel so the ideal candidate will need to be suited for that type of working environment including occasional lone working. The ideal candidate will have a chance to spread their skills over various elements of the business including retail management, visual merchandising, fashion design, buying product, marketing, styling, assisting on photoshoots, etc.
There is plenty of opportunity in this role for growth including the opportunity to travel to trade shows and conferences at the company's expense.
The role will initially be on a 10 to 20 hour contract based on the needs of the business but there will be opportunity to gain more hours and move on to full time as the business grows.
Please note this list is non-exhaustive as
duties and roles may change due to the nature of the business.
- Helping with shop moves and set ups (some heavy lifting and assembly required)
- Unpacking and sorting of deliveries
- Assisting with visual merchandising of the shop
- Picking, packing orders and shipping orders as needed
- Assisting in selecting and buying in product for shop/webshop
- Providing customers with exceptional customer service with a keen effort to makes sales
- Professional on the shop floor at all times
- Conducting stock counts, maintaining and advising MD on stock quantities as needed
- Replenishing stock on shop floor as needed
- Assisting in managing Amazon, Etsy and Ebay stores
- Assisting with PR and marketing including Facebook advertising, posting content on social media and blogging (Training provided)
Assisting in designing new collections as well as constructing and sewing samples and one off pieces
Occasional travel to trade shows, fashion weeks and conferences
- Attending buying meetings
- Assisting in weekly competitor analysis
- Cash handling and counting down of till (as needed)
- Occasional opening and closing of store as needed
Merchandising and making updates on Magento to website (training provided as needed)
- Sewing/hand sewing/garment construction
- Fashion retail experience is essential (at least 8 months to 1 year - supervisor or managerial experience would be an asset)
- Customer service and selling skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Photoshop skills or knowledge of photoshop skills preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of social media, blogging and social marketing platforms
- A love of things fashion
- Knowledge of fashion trends and trend forecasting
- Keen attention to detail and research skills
- Highly organised
- Great communication is essential
- Professional at all times
- Knowledge of Magento would be advantageous (however training will be provided for the right
- Must have a laptop and mobile phone
- A great listener
- Excellent communication skills
- A can-do attitude
- Keen problem solving skills
- A fast learner who takes initiative
- A stakeholder who has a firm place in the business and keen to see business goals achieved and succeed
- Keen eye for detail and research skills
- Keen sense of leadership and managerial skills
- Highly professional at all times
- A love for fashion and streetwear (preferred)
- Positive outlook and adaptable personality
- Loyal and trustworthy (as will have access to sensitive business information as well as the MD's home)
- Works well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Someone who embraces challenges
This position requires flexibility as tasks can change frequently and at the last minute and there may be occasional slow periods as well due to the seasonal nature of the business.
I am looking for the right fit for the position and company culture so all applications will be considered.
3 months commitment will be required.
Application deadline 20/5/17. The position will fill quickly as I am hoping for a 14/5 start so please don't hesitate to apply if you feel you are the right fit!
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University
- Manchester City Centre
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Jobs, Internships, Temporary Full Time
- Type of Job
- Design / Fashion, Advertising / Marketing / PR , Retail
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required