The B Team summer internship - Governance in London
We seek an action focused, strategic thinker who can craft engaging communications and find new platforms to target a growing number of businesses in our Governance & Transparency work. You will support industry strategy and analysis, researching, developing communications materials & collateral.
About The B Team:
The B Team is a non-profit organisation, comprised of well-known leaders from business and civil society who are working together to catalyse a better way of doing business for the wellbeing of people and planet. We are an action-oriented organisation with bold advocacy and effective strategic partnerships built into our DNA.
About The Role:Roles and Responsibilities:
In 2017 the Governance & Transparency (G&T) team aims to significantly increase the number of businesses actively engaged in the G&T initiative over our four key work streams; ending anonymous companies, accelerating open contracting, protecting human rights and civic freedoms and driving responsible tax practice.
We are looking for an action focused, strategic thinker who can craft engaging communications and find new platforms to help us target a growing number of businesses in our G&T vision and work. An intern will have the opportunity to work across the G&T team to support work developing industry strategy and analysis, researching and identifying new partners and developing communications and outreach materials and collateral.
What We Offer:
- Support our Manager, Governance & Transparency to further develop a focused industry analysis, directing which sectors and companies we actively want to target and engage across our workstreams through in depth research and analysis
- Compile a list of key individuals we want to actively to engage in our program initiatives and events.
- Support our Senior Associate to identify business focused networks and channels where we can communicate our initiative messages and activities and build productive and beneficial relationships with them.
- Support our Senior Associate to produce compelling and engaging communications collateral to support company outreach and engagement.
The G&T team will support the intern with growth opportunities and mentoring, engaging the intern in both internal meetings and engagements with business and civil society partners.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the role of business in driving positive change for the benefit and wellbeing of people and the planet;
- Learn about systemic governance issues and strategies to address them;
- Build skills in strategic engagement and advocacy and understand how to drive effective partnerships across business and civil society.
We're looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and who is:
- Able to write and communicate well in a professional setting.
- Numerate and able to illustrate data findings in compelling ways
- Able to work independently and be proactive Candidates should also have a passion for sustainability issues, particularly as they pertain to social development; and have a firm belief in the power of business to contribute positively to the world.
Starting in June 2017
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required