What are you going to do
Imison & Co is a notarial law firm specialising in Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American commercial law however, we also work in German, French, Italian, Russian and Turkish. Your role will be essential to ensuring Imison & Co's continued growth and success as we branch out into other areas. Although experience is preferred full training and support are provided to help you achieve your full potential.
- You will be responsible for the timely lodging of documents at various offices throughout and around the Square Mile, and at numerous foreign embassies and consulates in the Central London area.
- You will be responsible for working with the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office in Westminster to apostille essential legal documents in a prompt and efficient manner.
- You will be responsible for routine administrative duties including but not limited to, invoicing & filing, answering phone calls & making appointments, researching contacts, arranging postal deliveries, receiving and sending emails, scanning identities, organising cheques, banker's drafts and postal orders, making refreshments, greeting clients, and occasionally visiting our storage facilities in The Docklands to retrieve certain files.
What we ask:
- You must be an undergraduate / postgraduate student currently enrolled at a British university.
- Be able to communicate in fluent native English, both written and oral.
- Although non-essential, you will ideally speak a second language. At this time we currently require at least one German speaker.
- Have a good general knowledge of geography, business & IT, English law and international law, politics & finance.
- Be a dedicated, enthusiastic, punctual, proactive individual capable of thinking on your feet, a team player and keen to learn new skills and approaches to work.
- Be physically fit and capable of walking long distances within a short timespan.
- Preferably you will be studying law, modern languages, business or IT, although backgrounds in other subjects will be considered.
- Be technologically minded, capable of using an iPhone and Google maps, and to be able to find your way around Central London and The City.
- Be clean, smartly dressed and presentable to clients.
- Be available to work from June 15 th to July 4 th 2017. Your working hours will be from 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
- Bring at least two items of documentation to your initial interview proving your right to work in the UK. Example: Passport and driver's licence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
- Education Level
- College, University
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Temporary Full Time, Graduate Internship, Placements
- Type of Job
- Admin / Secretarial
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required