The MC coordinates marketing and promotion through social media, local press, radio, PR; contributes in creating overall Oxjam marketing strategy. Can you help?
A very specialised role that will make your CV shine and potentially start your career in the music industry whilst meeting awesome people and helping Oxfam put an end to poverty.
Oxjam is Oxfam's month-long music festival. It runs in October with hundreds of events around the UK, organised by people who know and love their local music scene.
This year Oxjam has put Crystal Palace on the map! Join us in making this great corner of SE London part of the UK's biggest grass root festival.
There is absolutely no point in organising amazing events if no-one ever hears about them. So yours is an absolutely crucial role.
During your time as Marketing Coordinator you will be working on the Summer fundraising events as well as the final Festival Event. It is important to separate these events and work on each of them individually: they will each need different press releases, different promotional materials; different ticketing strategies.
The small lines: the coordinator roles are part-time, voluntary positions
For each event, you need to:
• provide a marketing strategy
• work with Fundraising Coordinator to find volunteers to help implement it
• set up online spaces (Facebook page, Twitter account etc), and then make good use of them • design and print flyers/posters
• work with Fundraising Coordinator to get a street team together to distribute them
• get your event details to media and press for previews, reviews and publicity
• make sure the production guys are asking bands to promote to their fans, and asking venues to plug it through all their channels
• make sure that you're telling people how/where to buy tickets
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free