Receptionist in London
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Guest Relations /Events/ Receptionist.
Yosma is a Turkish Meyhane, Mangal and Raki Bar inspired by the streets of Istanbul, which opened on Baker Street during autumn of 2016 to critical acclaim from Jay Rayner of The Observer, and Fay Maschler, long standing restaurant critic for the Evening Standard.
Celebrating the spirit and heritage of Istanbul, Yosma embraces Meyhane culture, which originated in the taverns of the city in the 16th century, and has been at the heart of Turkish social life since. The Meyhane has long been a place to meet, share plates of meze, drink raki (the Turkic region’s oldest and most loved spirit), and swap stories around the table with friends.
A modern interpretation of these institutions, Yosma comprises a dedicated raki bar, a 140-cover dining room designed by award winning branding & interior design studio Afroditi Krassa, edgy London-based artist Neal Fox was commissioned to create bespoke artwork especially for Yosma; and an open kitchen serving a menu of meze and mangal dishes created by Executive Chef, Hus Vedat.
Raki - Turkey’s national aperitif plays an important part on the drinks list and features on the cocktail menu created by drinks consultant Matt ‘Talented Mr Fox’ Whiley.
What we offer:
Work for a company that offers substantial career progression and training
You can look forward to working with a dedicated team of professionals
You will receive a competitive salary and 28 days holiday
- Previous experience working in Guest Relations /Reception/ Events roles
- Leadership - to act as first point of contact for the restaurant and demonstrate a vibrant and engaging personality
- Sets a positive example for guest relations
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service
- Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Handle local marketing/ concierge strategies to maximise cover count per day & set daily cover targets for reception team
- Plan & execution of all internal events/ group reservations
- Develop suitable strategies & reservations process that optimise restaurant capacity
- Supports handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.Records guest issues in the guest response tracking
- Supports regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Floor plan and section management with recordable history of section allocation
- To regularly review adherence to all agreed systems and correct/change where necessary
- Collation of guest database through accurate records, reporting and database systems
- Staff training, a schedule of training so that the restaurant can surpass industry competition and guest expectations – striving to deliver the best customer experience
- You may also be required to act as a duty manager, and adhere to all statutory health and safety regulations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great command of the English language
- Outstanding attention to detail
Applicants must have the right to legally reside and work in the UK without any restrictions or limitations.
- Working Hours
- 45 - 50 hours a week
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Type of Job
- Management, Receptionist
- Education Level
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required