The children of The Royal School are looking for someone to provide an exciting after-school club. The homework club is a new initiative for the school and the person that leads this club will need to be caring, understand how to provide a safe environment for children as well as having a sense of adventure and creativity.
At The Royal School we believe that children need experiences to further their learning and part of the Play Leaders responsibility will be planning and supervising exciting and creative experiences for the children. The Play leader will supervise up to 10 children daily. We anticipate the children will be involved in both outdoor and indoor play including, arts, crafts, cooking, sports and forest school activities.
Part time fixed term appointment.
Initial fixed term 4th September
2017 – 20th October 2017
15 hours per week. 3.00pm-5.30pm daily.
Grade 2 position
- Under the direction of the
Headteacher organise the after-school care for The Royal School
effectively and efficiently.
- Adhere to Ofsted guidelines to
ensure that the club supports a culture of free play where all are
respected, valued and nurtured.
regularly ensure that the "Every Child Matters" agenda is apparent.
- To provide food on a regular basis
with due care for health and safety issues (including the provision of
first aid) outlined in our "safety in school policy"
- To be accountable to the Headteacher
for your performance.
- To work collaboratively with the
rest of your colleagues and use the premises with consideration for
- To adhere to the strict code of
confidentiality at all times.
- To manage the day-to-day aspects of
the Royal School Homework Club providing out-of-school care for children
aged 4-9 years in a safe, enjoyable and stimulating environment.
- To adhere to the Ofsted guidelines
and The Royal School Homework Clubs' policies which are crucial to the
smooth running of the club.
- Manage the booking system, receive
and record bookings in accordance to the club's rules.
- To work as part of a team in
organising, planning and delivering activities that provides a variety
of experiences for the children. To liaise with other school staff to
provide continuity of curriculum and mutual support.
- Ensure adequate supervision for
indoor and outdoor activities and that the children in your care are
- Use the premises with consideration
for other users.
- Supervise children and control
behaviour in line with the "School's Behaviour Policy".
- Undertake First Aid duties in line
with qualification/training received and act in line with the school's
accident/incident policy. Conduct fire safety procedures effectively and
fully adhere to all of the health and safety regulations.
- To communicate fully with parents
and carers and record any incident / accident.
- To undertake other duties a may
become necessary, as agreed with the Headteacher.
What we offer:
Supportive environment with training for the right person.
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University
- Type of Contract
- Casual Jobs, Summer / Holiday Jobs
- Type of Job
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required