175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
About the Role
We have an amazing opportunity for a UX Researcher to come and join our One Digital team based in Aldersgate, London. You will manage and administer all UX research and Usability testing required by OUR eCommerce team, ensuring all insights from User Research are accurately captured and shared with the UX designers and relevant stakeholders.
- To conduct rigorous methodologically sound research and identify the most appropriate User Research method to meet the demands of a particular project
- Agree the objectives of the tests with the respective Product Manager/stakeholder and work with UX/ Interaction Designer to define the stories to be tested and the prototypes required.
- Manage all external partners and suppliers to ensure user recruitment software and hardware are available and operational for studies to be carried out
- Administer and conduct all studies managing all communications with suppliers and stakeholders (whether internal or external)
- Ensure all results are captured and aggregated in an accurate and consistent manner in accordance with the test objectives.
- Communicate results to the necessary level of detail to the project team - specifically the Product Manager/stockholder and UX design team so that there is clear and accurate direction given to inform future tests, design iterations or final designs which will go live on the sites
- Keep up to date on latest UX research and Usability testing best practice and competitor activity so new ideas and continual improvement can be made to the UX research programme at Thomas Cook.
- Have a pan-EU focus and responsibility as tests are carried out across a range of Thomas Cook e-Commerce sites in multiple markets and multiple devices
What we need from you …
- A strong foundation of knowledge in UX research and practical experience of planning and executing a range of research and testing within UX
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude, enthusiastic, self-confident, positive and energetic team player
- Strong focus on customer needs and being able to empathise with a customer navigating our sites
- Works confidently without constant supervision yet is aware and works within internal processes
- Able to think outside the box, innovate, constructively challenge the status quo and see the bigger picture
- Accepts responsibility for own workload, planning, scheduling and prioritising work effectively
- Proven excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible and happy to working in a pressured environment, to tight deadlines and often juggling many tasks at once
In return for your valuable contribution to the business, you will receive …
- A competitive salary.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Exclusive last minute colleague deals with the opportunity to stay in 5* luxury at low cost expense.
- Attractive discounts on all of our Thomas Cook holidays
- Industry leading training
- Contributory pension.
- A ‘Mychoice’ flexible benefits package giving you the chance to create a benefits package to suit you, your family and your lifestyle!! For more information on this amazing package please visit our website
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required