175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Job title: Senior Business Analyst
Job purpose: As a Senior Business Analyst in Thomas Cook IT, you will be primarily involved in medium to larger group projects requiring cross market input and co-ordination, supporting the business stakeholders in developing Business Cases, defining scope and co-ordinating IT inputs specifically but not limited to the CRM and Contact Centre solutions. You will take a key role in the projects, leading the documentation of requirements, including process mapping down to levels 3 & 4 and remain involved throughout the project lifecycle to ensure business requirements are fully understood and address the current business requirements. As an experienced Business Analyst you will be required to coach & mentor the analyst community for quality and consistency.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Writes complex user stories and business requirements in a consistent format that can be interpreted by business stakeholders and technical teams
- Facilitates large workshops and conversations with the business and also leads playback sessions (or show and tells) for the business
- Undertakes line management responsibilities with the BA community. Coaches and Mentors individuals within the vertical to ensure the quality & consistency of the business requirements
- Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required. Selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative.
- Obtains formal agreement from a large and diverse range of, potentially senior, stakeholders and recipients to the scope and requirements, plus the establishment of a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope. Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a programme or project.
- Completes business Case development and contributes to strategy definition
- Contributes to RFP’s/RFI’s and execution of feasibility studies
- Produces SWOT analysis which are meaningful to provide business direction. Determines policy on discovery, analysis and documentation of requirements.
- Defines requirements standards and quality targets for an organisation in agreement with key stakeholders.
- Organises scoping and business priority setting for strategic business changes involving business policy-makers and direction setters
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Proven record of understanding business requirements and key business drivers at a strategic level
- Proven experience with CRM by Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Contact Centre solutions
- Self-motivated & able to work on own initiative
- High level of relationship building and networking skills with a proven ability to effectively manage relationships by facilitating and influencing decision making.
- Demonstrated relationship management and change management experience in large and complex organisations.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into clear specifications with traceability to business value to drive high quality cost effective solutions especially but not limited to the group CRM solution as provided through Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to meeting requirements of business at a strategic and operational level.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques to help prioritise requirements with the business stakeholders & delivery team, eg SWOT, CATWOE, PESTLE, BAM.
- Experience in supporting large project delivery throughout the project lifecycle
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience of Tour operator and packaged holiday business
- Experience with CRM solutions by Salesforce and SAP; JIRA
- International experience
- English, German, French ( any an advantage), any European language Demonstrated
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree / MBA or other Post Graduate Business Degree preferred
- Agile Knowledge or certification. (for some roles)
Key performance indicators:
- Delivery of robust project requirements /business cases to execute projects against Thomas Cook strategies for the group CRM solution
- Manage business expectations and ensure alignment between TCIT and Market stakeholders on specific projects.
- Every Voice People management metrics
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.