Print Quality Officer - Packaging and Design Department - Wimbledon, South West London
As an established international food retailer, with over 600 stores in the UK alone, Lidl are one of the UK's retail success stories. Our simple retail philosophy and efficient working practices allow us to focus on what we do best - providing top quality products at the lowest possible prices. After 23 years, we are still rapidly expanding throughout the UK and this vital role in our Packaging and Design Department will ensure brand integrity from the designer’s concept through to printed packaging. You’ll be based primarily in our Head Office in Wimbledon, but you’ll also need to be flexible as off-site working with print suppliers throughout the UK and abroad will also be required.
What will you do?
- Reviewing artwork and feeding back to colleagues during development
- Advising on printability issues
- Signing off print standards from first print runs and regularly visiting our printers
- Liaising with internal colleagues and external parties
- Sharing best practice with the team and ensuring internal guidelines are followed
- Consulting on new design proposals and assisting the development of new processes
What will you need?
- A full UK driving licence
- The flexibility to travel within the UK and Europe (you will be travelling on a regular basis, often involving overnight stays)
- Experience working within the Print/Reprographic industry as well as a familiarity with design, retail, brand and packaging
- Good working knowledge of artwork production process and reprographic and printing processes
- Skills across all the major substrate types and printing methods
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe suite on PC and Mac
- Good Photoshop/Illustrator skills
- German language skills would be beneficial but are not essential
What do we offer?
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required