The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair care, styling and colouring products. The 10 brands within this division are L’Oreal Professionel, Mizani, Redken, Pureology, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Matrix, Essie Professionel, Decléor and Carita.
As the Business Intelligence Analyst you will be working across all the brands within the Professional Products Division, working within the Market & Business Development Team and reporting to the Head of Business Systems and Intelligence.
As the Business Intelligence Analyst your primary focus will be to identify new business opportunities to boost innovations across the brands. You will initiate, drive and facilitate projects on cross-category concepts based on consumer needs and demands. You look forward to creating a strong network across the division and being a true partner to our external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the continuous development of market tools by developing, implementing and managing successful strategies across PPD business in line with the vision of market development.
- Report on business insight suggesting proposals based on the results to support better decision making
- Across the board, liaise with management teams, project sponsors, business owners and international key stakeholders as the champion of business intelligence
- Provide in depth commercial reports to fully understand the market, the customer, the competition, brand dynamics and to identify any 'gaps'
- Track emerging industry trends and profile consumers to support new development strategies
- Provide any bespoke reports and analysis for LPPD
- Effective project management of all projects as defined across LPPD
- Devise new concepts and ideas working across the division (from IT to Commercial, to ensure we bring the customer to the heart of what we do, ensure we bring efficiencies and innovate the way we work)
- Day-to-day line management of one intern
- Be the PPD Key User for our “Boost” reporting system responsible for testing and training
- Enthusiastic team player with a desire to work in a commercially driven and customer orientated business
- Entrepreneurial attitude and challenger of the Status Quo
- Highly numerate and PC literate: particularly strong at Excel & analytical skills. Knowledge of SQL and analytics packages a plus!
- Can demonstrate a natural attention to detail / accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills, focused and subtly persuasive
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills – able to work effectively to deadlines, to manage ad-hoc projects that arise. Ability to manage time in a flexible manner and adapt and respond quickly.
- Ability to work autonomously (and enjoy it), while also being able to communicate effectively and contribute as part of a team.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders while understanding the detail of the delivery and being able to execute in a small team.
- Keep projects focused & dynamic – through management and motivation of all stakeholders involved.
- Able to solve problems effectively – able to look for alternative solutions when challenged.
- Knowledge of data visualisation platforms (e.g. Tableau) would be a bonus!
- Act & lead with human sensitivity
- Achieve results with integrity
- Sensitivity to the metier