Lavanda is a UK "proptech" startup shaping the future of property rental by putting the sharing economy at its heart. We believe that Airbnb-style "homesharing" is fundamentally changing the way people discover, rent and buy residential property. Whether you're an owner-occupier, a second home owner or a buy-to-let investor, Lavanda provides a trusted, flexible and hassle-free platform to optimise rental yield. By wrapping your property in our luxury hospitality experience and offering it as a short or mid-term rental, we boost its desirability and maximise occupancy throughout the year.
We are looking for someone with a great personality to join our Manchester team and manage flexible guest check-ins. This position would be ideal for someone wanting to work on-call and looking to earn extra income working outside of normal hours, mainly weekday nights and weekends. You will be intrigued by the world of start-ups and love the notion of homesharing and Airbnb, you may even be a guest or host yourself!
- You'll be the first point of contact for each guest from the moment they arrive in the city.
- You'll meet and greet them at the door, show them round the property and ensure they feel completely at home before handing over the keys.
- You need to expect the unexpected! Whether it's a delayed flight or a last minute change of plan, you need to remain cool and problem solve as appropriate, always putting the guest's needs first.
- You will be happy working unsociable hours and are able to manage your own time.
- You're confident to work under your own initiative and are a natural problem solver.
£Competitive with regular work
We're a small, highly motivated team who are all 100% committed to delighting our guests with unforgettable experiences. We share the thrills and spills of start-up life - sharing, recognising and rewarding success as we create it.
Embark on a hugely rewarding career allowing you to interact with people and cultures from around the world on a daily basis, welcoming them to your city and their home away from home. You'll never be bored and no two days will be the same.
- You have a warm, kind and confident personality and are driven to create a positive and lasting impression with every interaction.- Impeccable time management. The late arrival of guests is acceptable, but guests arriving to a locked door is not.
- You define yourself by your ability to communicate with anyone, and are able to adapt your style to transcend cultural barriers. You have a natural ability to read the tacit signals and respond to people as necessary to reassure them and give them peace of mind.
-You are patient, understanding and can manage yourself perfectly under pressure - hiding any internal stress from your guests.
-You have high personal standards and take pride in your appearance. You're always clean, tidy and well presented.
Select the region you’re interested in below and receive new suitable vacancies via email.