The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
What are key highlights of this role?
The position reports into the Managing Director of the Professional Products Division (PPD). As the Executive Assistant you will act as the gatekeeper to the MD and be aware of his deadlines and requirements. You will also be expected to flag priorities, as appropriate to help the MD manage his time. As part of your role you will also offer diary, travel and expenses support to the General Manager – Market Development & Ireland.
In addition to supporting the MD, you will lead and champion all brands within the Professional Products Division.
Administration and Executive support: provide administration support for the PPD Managing Director and additional members of the team where necessary, including extensive diary, e-mail management, circulating agendas and announcements, resolving queries and preparing presentations as required.
Management of meetings: arrange internal, national and international meetings, client meetings, make room bookings, order catering, arrange technical support, help with preparation of presentations, and arrange relevant travel and accommodation. The ability to build solid working relationships with the team and Assistant Network is essential.
Annual country visits: manage and execute a smooth and professional set of parallel agendas for the Group Chairman’s visit to include travel, meetings, dinners and liaising with the Executive Assistance to CEO to ensure schedules are in sync cross-divisionally.
Events management and International visits: assist in the arrangement of the PPD conference, International Management visits, social gatherings such as the L’Oréal Christmas Party and team events such as Professional Products Management Committee away days.
Project Management: co-ordinate ad hoc projects as directed by the Managing Director, both business and personal related.
Inductions for Management team: arrange inductions, organise IT equipment for new Management Committee members, schedule interviews and organise mid and end of year reviews.
Budget management: co-ordinate expenditure including collating expenses and raising Purchase Orders for the Managing Director.
Digital and E-retail: support the team with ad-hoc administration, the raising of POs, arranging meetings with e-retailers and organising any new starter training.
PPD Ambassador: liaise with internal and external clients in a professional manner at all times, acting as a representative of the Company, Division, and PPD MD.
- Presentations and Reports: proof read and assist with preparations of presentations for international visits and compile reports, as directed by the Managing Director.
- Offer personal PA support in the capacity of holiday and home arrangements, travel and insurance and social activities and other day to day personal tasks (travel, taxis, tax etc.)
- Represent the PPD division in the MICE purchasing review and actively campaign for improved supplier relationships and processes. Be a key player in maintaining good relationships for events such as the Christmas Party, International Management visits and annual conference.
- Actively assist with any office refurbishment project including raising all POs and Capex costs.
- Actively attend the monthly TAN (The Assistant Network) forums on behalf of PPD.
- Build and maintain divisional links and relationships with the other EAs to MDs, as well as working closely with the EA to Country manager role especially in relation to the Group Chairman’s visit.
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organisation.
- Problem solving skills.
- Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work at pace and cope with ambiguity.
- Strong customer service philosophy.
- Proven experience of process-improvement and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to analyse data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly.
- Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required.
- The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Advanced MS Office.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required