175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Job Title: EUC Senior Support Engineer
Job purpose: Deliver professional, consistent end-to-end user and VIP IT support, assuming full ownership for the resolution of incidents and requests through the use of 1st and 2nd level IT skills and engagement of the wider IT team.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Provide flawless IT user support in a timely manner for various IT devices, basic patching and networking tasks, Audio Visual meeting room management, key system administration such as Wi-Fi, AD and anti-virus.
- Prioritised and focused in-person care for VIPs; taking incident ownership through to resolution. Including support of non-standard devices and systems.
- Provide timely communication relating to major incidents, projects, processes and individual managed incidents, to VIPs/wider IT/related stakeholders (as relevant) to ensure a consistent and transparent service.
- Key resource for Proof of Concept (POC) initiatives, projects and testing of emerging technologies; performing onsite tasks, providing oversight/scheduling and feedback.
- Collaborate and support other technology teams as well as external vendors in a diverse range of IT support tasks including the creation and maintenance of product and system knowledge
- Keep up to date on TC technology and strategy in order to align daily activities with achieving these.
- Proactively investigate and understand the devices, operations systems and support infrastructure for both core and non-core devices so that support of these devices can be effectively and quickly supported.
- Carry out other support related tasks as required, occasionally at non-core TC locations (limited travel may be required)
Skills, know-how and experience :
- ITIL Incident Management experience is essential
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Windows desktop support as well as common activities such as account administration. Mac OS / iOS familiarization
- Intermediate knowledge of underlying IT infrastructure and systems, such as Active Directory, Email, Anti-Virus and network patching.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of a service oriented attitude with senior leaders and the ability to balance competing priorities
- Analytical and thorough with a structured approach
- Previous Executive/VIP Support Experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Note: The role requires some availability for out of hours support of VIPs and project/incident support.
- Ability to speak other European languages
- Apple support qualifications and experience
- Technical / professional qualifications:
- ITIL and a technical qualification such as MCSE
- Relevant Computing qualification
- Apple / MAC support
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.