We are looking for a Front-end Technical Solutions Lead to join our team at a very exciting time for the platform. You will be a key participant in all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the Thomas Cook multi-market platform. You are also responsible for maintaining and supporting existing systems and applications under the supervision of the Digital Domain Architect.
Other duties will include safeguarding and managing the relationship between the feature teams and will ensure there is a good combination of technical solution and agile best practices between the development sites locally and on site.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Provides technical excellence and team leadership to ensure highest code quality
- Guiding developers on front-end technologies and software patterns
- Drives technical collaboration between front-end developers across feature teams
- Encourages discussion between developers and UX to put our customer’s experience at the heart of what we do
- Writes software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g. DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Works with the application architects on the technical Roadmap
- Provides partnership with business and product owners in translating high value business ideas into innovative software solutions
- Communicates with local business unit owners to enable an aligned, achievable development Roadmap and resolve any technical questions
- Support communication of the product vision, by proactively identifying and removing impediments
What we need from you:
- Strong fundamentals in HTML5, CSS3 and SASS
- Significant experience working with Angular
- Keen interest in site speed/performance optimisation
- Experience designing and building large applications that scale to 1000s+ requests per second and serve millions of customers
- Experience in writing and deploying large scale codebases (i.e. Java) with experiences in building/maintaining continuous integration and deployment environments (e.g. Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, Cruise Control, etc.)
- Strong background in test driven development, automated testing and other software engineering best practices (e.g., http protocols, caching, performance, security, etc.)
- Sound knowledge and experience with agile values, principles and practices include Scrum, XP and Kanban
What can we offer you?
In return for your valuable contribution to the business you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, private medical insurance, excellent holiday concessions, industry leading training, a contributory pension and a great flexible benefits package. As a large global travel business with employees based throughout the world; including overseas, tour operations and an airline, the sky really is the limit for your career progression.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required