Thomas Cook Money is a holiday bank. We want to make holiday money easy for our customers, by helping them save, borrow, spend and protect themselves in a fun and rewarding way. To realise our ambition, we are embarking on a 5 year journey, building a new customer proposition we can be proud of, then growing that proposition into new geographies.
Working in the Group Procurement team, you will need to develop an in-depth understanding of our business and our suppliers and maximise performance and efficiencies. Your ability to communicate and influence at all levels, throughout our global organisation, needs to be strong. You will work within Thomas Cook Money and support its leaders and share knowledge, experience and expertise around best practice. External contacts include both existing and potential new partners for goods and services. You will be tasked with designing and implementing the procurement and partner management framework for Thomas Cook Money and supporting BAU initiatives and procurement projects. Your projects will have a high level of complexity and you will be required to work at pace, map and redesign processes on an on-going basis by applying the lean methodology. We are looking for you to map the current and future spend, conduct in-depth analysis of spend, scan the market, challenge the status quo and look at how the provided services can be done better, more efficiently and effectively.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Manage costs, maximise margins and continually strive to drive efficiencies and meet financial targets through improved services and processes
- Support the execution of strategic sourcing plans across a diverse range of services for designated businesses and categories of expenditure consistent with Thomas Cook Group’s Procurement strategy and business requirements
- Keep abreast of and anticipate developments within relevant supply markets affecting areas of responsibility within the Thomas Cook Group
- Keep abreast of current procurement techniques and deploy these to ensure category is at the forefront of modern thinking
- Implementing and owning the procurement and partner management framework for Thomas Cook Money
- Ensure all policy and legal requirements are adhered to by operating within a framework of compliance, which protects customers and team and minimises risk to the business
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement across own Thomas Cook Money, encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability
- Ensure the procurement needs of Thomas Cook Money are met in terms of security of supply and regulatory compliance, quality, service, continuous improvement and are delivered for best value
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Ability to work in an agile manner
- Procurement experience in a fast paced Procurement Environment
- Financially literate – able to understand profit & loss accounts and balance sheets, and understand the importance and impact of cash flow within our business
- Ability to challenge the status quo and see the wider holistic picture
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
In return for your valuable contribution to the business, you will receive …
- A competitive salary.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Exclusive last minute colleague deals with the opportunity to stay in 5* luxury at low cost expense.
- Attractive discounts on all of our Thomas Cook holidays
- Industry leading training
- Contributory pension.
- A ‘Mychoice’ flexible benefits package giving you the chance to create a benefits package to suit you, your family and your lifestyle!! For more information on this amazing package please visit our website