Over 176 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Interfaces with the Thomas Cook business domains to develop deliverable solutions through each of the Thomas Cook stages and adheres to sound solution design principles primarily focused on infrastructure. Defines the strategy for delivering the solution to recognised design standards for approval. Works closely with the project management teams to ensure that solution delivery appropriately adheres to the defined strategies and standards.
Skills, know-how and experience
A proven track record of designing solutions for complex enterprise wide environments
• Strong understanding of multi-tiered applications and a variety of integration methods
• Demonstrates the behavioural and solution management competency levels required for the role
• Awareness of IT design processes and principles
• Experience with working with a European delivery model and working with geographically disperse solution teams
• Demonstrates Up-to-date knowledge regarding industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations and how these can be applied to Thomas Cook
Clear understanding of variety of on-premise infrastructure across multiple datacentres within a complex network
Technical / professional qualifications:
• Clear understanding of the project management
• Clear understanding of the solution/delivery lifecycles
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free