A unique opportunity has arisen for a young ambitious computer science graduate to join our product development team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about mobile apps and the product development process, but does not have to be a developer (i.e. no coding experience required). This individual will spend his/her time engaging with our web and mobile products, to understand the user journey, identify friction points or roadblocks and identify ways to reduce these. In addition, the Produt Development intern will research competitive applications in the market to understand UI/UX best practice and recommend enhancements to the itcher suits of products to make even more user friendly and improve the businesses core metrics (e.g. conversion, retention and engagement).
itcher solves the world's entertainment discovery problem through a well-tested artificial intelligence ("AI") technology that connects people (not products!) through entertainment. We help individuals solve the recurring problem around what to do in their spare time:
Which movie to watch?
Which artist/song to listen to?
Which book to read?
Which game to play?
People's free time is valuable and current recommendation products are not great. But itcher discovers 'hidden gems' differently to any other product out there. We link like-minded people, segmenting them by their reviews across four entertainment verticals and enabling them to communicate and discover through one another.
Not only do we think it's better than anything else out there, we have received great feedback from thousands of users….just have a look at our Google Play and App Store ratings.
But don't take out word for it, download our App and try it for yourself.
We have been quoted in media to be "The Trip Advisor for Entertainment". This is consistent with our grand vision. We aim to power recommendations across all categories in the future.
We are a friendly and fun, experienced international team who come from a variety of backgrounds but who share a passion for technology and entertainment. Besides the opportunity to work on an exciting product, we also provide free breakfast every morning and snacks throughout the day.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Continuously test web and mobile products to ensure they are user friendly and intuitive
- Organise and conduct user tests with itcher community to identify points of friction within products and work closely with development team to address these
- Keep an eye on the marker for competitive products and continuously suggest ways to maintain itcher's competitive edge and stay ahead
- Be part of a self-managed team culture that is productive, accountable and continuously improving
- Other activities as may occasionally be required
What You'll Learn:
- Ability to develop execution plans for projects, features and increments, adapting to changes to business priorities and needs
- Build and maintain an overall team backlog and roadmap
- Translate business decisions/requirements into potential technical solutions
- Collate feedback from business to feed into the development cycle
- Track and report progress status metrics to management
- Tech savvy and an avid user of mobile apps
- Entertainment enthusiast (movies, tv shows, books, music and games)
- Appreciation of software development cycles and processes such as Agile
- Some experience in execution of projects (analysis, design, implementation and acceptance)
- Capability in decision-making, negotiation and resilience
- Good analytical, problem solving and unblocking the way forward
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint
- Team player
- Coding experience (HTML)
- Experience with UI/UX
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free