Technical Specialist - Product Integrity in Bradford
We are recruiting for a Technical Specialist - Product Integrity for Morrisons Food Products. The purpose of this role is to ensure product integrity across Morrisons food products, providing assurance to the business and...
We are recruiting for a Technical Specialist - Product Integrity for Morrisons Food Products. The purpose of this role is to ensure product integrity across Morrisons food products, providing assurance to the business and ultimately our customers that all products are ‘authentic’ and produced in accordance with agreed specifications, legislation and Morrisons policies (in the wake of the industry horsemeat scandal, the integrity of food products is under intense media and regulatory challenge – failures can result in significant reputational damage, enforcement action (with unlimited fines) and recall of products).
In this role, you will be accountable for the following;
- Manage 'horizon scanning' initiatives to identify emerging risks and ensure the business takes effective action to reduce Morrisons exposure to risks.
- Ensure all Morrisons food complies with specification, is authentic and 'free from' contaminants by delivery of agreed actions.
- Network with supplier partners and research organisations to build a relationship and understanding of food integrity issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing training programmes for colleagues and suppliers to ensure that processes are robust for ensuring integrity.
- Define and deliver all elements of the analytical surveillance programme, ensuring compatibility with Manufacturing.
- Investigate and resolve product non-conformities to ensure all the food sold in stores is safe and legal.
- Coordinate with Technical Managers and other stakeholders to develop standards and policies that support food compliance/integrity.
- Ensure technical standards, policies, procedures and communications are clear, concise and easy to understand for stakeholders.
Sales, Profit and Cash
- Optimise resources employed in surveillance including budget to minimise wasted activity.
- Apply proactive product integrity measures to minimise costs associated with withdrawals/recalls and action by enforcement.
You will need to have the following role-specific skills, knowledge and experience;
- Degree or equivalent in Science or Technology.
- Formal Lead Assessor and HACCP qualification.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework for management of products and suppliers.
- Expert knowledge of legislation and official guidance relevant to product composition, authenticity and contaminants.
- Ability to make business and customer focussed decisions.
- Strong risk assessment skills employed to make timely business decisions and prioritise work.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships /engender common purpose with stakeholders at all levels.
- Post-graduate experience in manufacturing or retail industries.
- Product sampling protocols and analytical methods.
We’re passionate about providing quality, value and freshness from farm to fork.
Putting our customers and colleagues first, our teams champion safety, quality, legality and integrity across every aspect of our business. We keep a close eye on everything to provide products and services our customers, stakeholders and communities can trust.
Caring about our customers and colleagues, we build our brand and put new ideas into action on Market Street. We audit stores and manage any incidents. We consult with government and agencies on new developments. We keep everyone safe and make sure everything is legal and top-notch quality from our logistics and manufacturing sites to our stores, suppliers and own-brand products.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required