What are you going to do
Check that the English translation of the subtitles for popular Russian TV series have been translated correctly. If not, correct any errors that you find.
Your job is to compare the English version to the Russian one, make sure that the translation is correct, then check that the grammar and punctuation is all fine, making corrections where neccessary.
- Great way to learn about modern Russian culture before you you arrive on your exchange year, or to keep in touch with the culture after you return.
- Lots of work available. Can be done part time at hours to suit you.
What we ask:
- Currently on Undergraduate degree in Russian
- Editing or proofreading is an advantage.
- Fluency in Russian, able to read and understand the written language to a high level.
- Ability to proofread text. This means that you can pay attention to the smallest details and spot missing commas, double spaces, spelling mistakes, incorrect capitalisation etc.
- Ability to write English well! This is just as important as your Russian language skills. The finished result should be lively, interesting to read, adapted to being in the format of a subtitle (i.e. not excessively wordy) as well as accurately represent the original Russian.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 1 - 32
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Evening Job
- Salary indication
£10.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- Output of completed scripts in English
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required