Business Development - Student Events in London
Former BNOC? University Socialite of your time? Our client is the fastest growing student event ticketing platform in the UK and they need super sociable people to widen their client base!
Our client is the UK's fastest growing student events platform. Our client offers event organisers bespoke online and mobile solutions to organise and ticket their events. They operate in universities across the UK and works with hundreds of clients, including Propaganda, Itchy Feet, Crisis and the Oxford Union. Headquartered in London and venture capital backed.
Our client has had a very successful 2017 so far, experiencing huge growth in both clients and ticket sales. They are now looking to aggressively expand to over 100 universities throughout the UK and needs a Business Development Executive to propel that expansion.
The Business Development Executive will report to the company directors, and will be responsible for
identifying and sourcing new client opportunities. The Business Development Executive will work with various teams across the company to deliver the best solution for potential clients. You will be meeting a wide range of clients from Company Directors to Society Presidents which is why you'll need to be extremely outgoing.
- Develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive client acquisitions.
- Identify potential new clients, their prospect needs and explain our client's value proposition.
- Develop an understanding of the company, industry trends and competition.
- Communicate with a wide range of potential clients ranging from company directors to society presidents via phone, email and face-to-face.
- Attend and network at events hosted by our client and their clients. Present to external clients, and senior directors.
- Manage your team of Student Reps who will be your eyes and ears on the ground ensuring they know what needs to be done and when.
- As it's a small team you will also be asked to get involved with a whole manner of tasks ranging from branding to marketing.
Training & Development:
Joining such a small team within an innovative business you will have the opportunity to develop your network massively with the opportunity to travel to your respective university/campuses 4-6 times a month. You will also be brought in to help on a range of tasks to assist the growth of the business whether it be marketing or branding – you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on how the business is run.
Location: London Bridge
Salary: 20K Basic – 35K Realistic OTE
Start Date: ASAP
What we offer:
Realistic - 35K OTE
- Eligibility for share option scheme.
- External training opportunities.
- Generous holiday allowance for a little sun, sea, and sand.
- Friday afternoon cocktails.
- Opportunity to join a young, innovative business.
- Minimum degree: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum work experience: A month or two office experience
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification.
- Outgoing personality. Confident reaching out to new clients via the phone and in person.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Enjoy attending events and networking.
- Innovative and ready to bring fresh ideas and perspective to the table.
- Self-starter who can operate independently while also complementing a team environment.
- Ability to hit the ground running with energy, imagination and passion.
- Ability to talk the hind legs off a donkey, as well as keeping up to date with the music and events scene.
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Salary indication
- Responsible for
- Business Development
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required