Special Needs Support Workers in Cambridge
** Part time hours to work around studies
** £10 per hour
** Cambridge based
The Perfect PA are looking for young, confident people who love children and would like to find a way to earn an income to supplement their studies, whilst having fun.
The Perfect PA work with Cambridgeshire County Council to recruit people to work on a one to one basis with children with special needs and disabilities.
This is the most rewarding work. We would ensure that you are only matched with children whose care needs are within your capability and comfort zone.
You would work with the child or young person at their family home and out in the local community enjoying fun activities such as going to the park, playing sports, shopping or even just chilling at home and playing games.
If you live and study in Cambridge and would be interested in working with children with special needs and disabilities please do contact us and forward your CV.
Training will be provided.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide references and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Each child we recruit a support worker for has different care and support needs, hobbies and interests.
We would discuss you availability and interests with you and send you appropriate job descriptions for different children for you to choose from.
If you drive and have your own transport there will be more opportunities available to you, as your support will offer more flexibility.
Each support worker will be employed directly by the family they are working with. Mileage and costs of taking the children out would be paid by the family.
Training will be provided for each successful applicant, as required for the support of the child you are matched with.
What we offer:
- Work Experience
- An hourly rate of £10 per hour
- Secondary Education
- Professional or personal experience of working with children
- Applicants will need to provide original ID for the application of a DBS Certficate.
- Applicants will have a genuine interest and commitment to this type of work.
- Applicants will need to provide two referees (at least one to be a previous employer).
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU
- Education Level
- College, University, Other
- Type of Contract
- Weekend, Summer / Holiday Jobs, Placements
- Salary indication
Between £9.00 and £11.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- Supporting children and young people with special needs and disabilities
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Health / Medical , Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required