Tickets For Troops (ticketsfortroops.org.uk) is a charity that was set up in 2009 to recognise the brave servicemen and women of our Armed Forces. We recognise the troops’ commitment, drive and dedication by offering them, on behalf of our donors, free tickets to events which they can share with their loved ones, as a small acknowledgement of the work they do. We have over 160,000 troops registered to the charity.
Tickets For Troops has allocated over 950,000 tickets to our nation’s heroes in the last seven years demonstrating the enormous support and respect our UK sports, music, theatre and entertainment industries have for our military men and women.
Start date: ASAP
- Your responsibilities
1. Providing a high level of customer service for our members, ensuring a consistent and professional approach to all queries via phone and email – this will be at least 50% of your workload;
2. Working with the TFT team to ensure all ticket donations are successfully allocated and distributed to servicemen and women on time;
3. Sourcing and collating feedback from troops who have attended events;
4. Conducting event research to build the events list, maximising all opportunities for our members;
5. Assisting the Director of Operations with the organisation and fulfilment of fundraising, special TFT events and any other projects or tasks as requested;
6. Assisting the TFT team across all social media channels, providing excellent customer service and helping maintain and create new posts.
What we offer:
- Length of contact: 3 months with potential and intention for longer full time position.
- Salary: £7.50 per hour (National Minimum Wage)
- Great experience
- Great cause
- Ideally holds a degree but not necessary
- No work experience required
- Who we’re looking for and to do what?
We’re looking for someone who is keen to provide excellent customer service to our military members and who wants to develop their administrative skills.
We want someone who enjoys delivering good news as you will be making lots of phone calls to inform troops that they have been successful in obtaining complimentary tickets for events.
You will also have the opportunity to support the operations of the charity whilst working hard to improve the ticket supply we offer our servicemen and women so we need someone who is ready to get stuck in.
The Tickets For Troops team is quite small and therefore you will become very much part of the team. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience and enhance your CV.
- Great listener, note taker and ability to take on and process information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent deliverer of customer service
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages (particularly Word and Excel)
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Very good at working well under pressure
- Very good at working well independently and as part of a team
- Empathic with the vision, values and aims of the charity.
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University, Other
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Salary indication
£7.50 per hour
- Type of Job
- Admin / Secretarial, Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required