Notarial Intern in London
Are you looking for work experience at a prestigious law firm in The City to boost your CV?
We are currently searching for a student to join our busy notary firm as an intern at Imison & Co's busy London offices.
You will be responsible for routine administrative duties including but not limited to, invoicing & filing, answering phone calls & making appointments, researching contacts, arranging postal deliveries, receiving and sending emails, scanning identities, organising cheques, banker's drafts and postal orders, making refreshments, greeting clients.
What we're looking for:
- Safe pair of hands.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Very good computer skills including good knowledge of Word / Excel / Powerpoint, very good knowledge of Mail Merge essential.
- Answering telephone calls and handling basic enquiries.
- Fast typing; at least 65 words per minute.
- Confident / self-assured with clients.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good under pressure.
- Organised / Professional
- A foreign European language would be advantageous.
- Able to handle sensitive information carefully.
- Opening files.
- Preparing documents for notarisation / legalisation.
- Liaising with clients.
- Arranging and booking appointments electronically.
- Bill preparation.
- Typing correspondence on administrative matters.
- Some transcribing from dictation.
What we offer:
- An innovative and friendly office environment. – It is a hard working fast paced office environment, but there is always time for socialising and making new friends.
- Room for creativity and original input.
- Your own work space and computer terminal.
- Highly sought after law firm work experience.
- In-office canteen facilities, including as much free tea, coffee and mineral water as you wish.
- High School, College, University
- At least some previous admin or secretarial experience would be preferable.
- You must be a student currently enrolled at a British university or college.
- Be able to communicate in fluent native English, both written and oral.
- Although non-essential, you will ideally speak a second language. At this time we currently require at least one German speaker.
- Have a good general knowledge of geography, business & IT, English law and international law, politics & finance.
- Be a dedicated, enthusiastic, punctual, proactive individual capable of thinking on your feet, a team player and keen to learn new skills and approaches to work.
- Be physically fit and capable of walking long distances within a short timespan.
- Preferably you will be studying law, modern languages, business or IT, although backgrounds in other subjects will be considered.
- Be technologically minded, capable of using an iPhone and Google maps, and to be able to find your way around Central London and The City.
- Be clean, smartly dressed and presentable to clients.
- Be available to work from November 27th. Your working hours will be from 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
- Bring at least two items of documentation to your initial interview proving your right to work in the UK. Example: Passport and driver's licence.
- Education Level
- College, University
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Temporary Full Time
- Salary indication
- Responsible for
- General Administration
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Admin / Secretarial, Legal
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required