Esports Trader in London
As an Esports Trader it will be your job to create interesting and engaging markets (i.e.questions) for BlinkPool users to wager on. This will be done using our state of the art computer vision technology and your knowledge of esport games.
It will also be part of your job to interpret the voices of users and guide the development of the website so having opinions is no bad thing.
Training will be in our London offices with expenses paid for. Work can be undertaken in the offices or remotely from home.
- Watch and analyse live Dota 2 games.
- Create, close and settle markets during live games using our custom software.
- Engage with users and build up the hype in chat
- Maintain and update our schedule
- Attend weekly feedback meetings and help guide product development
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Training
- Work from home or from our offices in London
- A* - C GCSE in Maths and English
- No previous work experience required
- A gamer: First and foremost you need to understand the game you are making markets for. You don't have to be 7k MMR, in Challenger division, Legendary Eagle or Grandmaster but understanding the meta and current patches is imperative.
- Analytical: Being an esport trader requires more than just watching the game. You will need to watch, analyse and think of questions all at the same time as monitoring the markets and users.
- A problem solver: We have some high tech tools at our disposal but things go wrong (a lot less often than they used to) so there will be times when you will need to work out problems on the fly.
- Comfortable with numbers: The brain of Einstein won't be necessary but at the end of the day esports are a game of numbers and so is BlinkPool.
- Passionate: Passionate for esports. Passionate for gaming. Passionate for working on something different. Passionate.
- Over 18: We can't and don't want to hire anyone under the age of 18 so if you are under 18 - GTFO.
- Minimum 12 hours per week
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University
- Type of Contract
- Casual Jobs
- Salary indication
- Responsible for
- Creating engaging markets for viewers of live esport games to wager on
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required