What are you going to do
This personal care assistant post is to cover maternity leave from January 2018 until the end of October 2018 and this is a temporary contract.
Rate of pay is £10.62 an hour for 11.75 hours a week, covering, mornings for Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, with 3 evening visits Monday, Wednesdays and Saturday (but can be flexible with starting times and choice of evenings in the week and weekend)
There's potential to cover other hours for an existing employee to provide holiday cover consisting of 15 hrs per week for 8 weeks (2.5 weeks holiday years 17/18 and 5.6 weeks holiday year 18/19) -(Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and times are also flexible...
You will be entitled to holiday pay, unless self employed and this will be established and written into your contract at the start of your employment.
I am funded through direct payments personal budget via Southampton City Council.
Must have recent DBS or undertake one which will be funded.
- Must be calm, patient, quiet, reliable and honest
- A willingness to learn about severe M.E if you have no knowledge of it.
- Also, at times, be used to working in low light, due to light sensitivity and noise sensitivity.
- An advantage would be experience in caring for someone with severe M.E, but not essential as onsite training will be given.
- The lady is bedridden most of the time, but will occasionally be in a reclined wheelchair, chair or on a visit.
- The lady has many health problems, other neurological conditions and heart problems.
- Personal care, bed bath or fully reclined shower chair
- Washing hair
- Preparing meals and cooking
- Ensuring the client has enough water etc
- Some cleaning
- Shopping - rarely
- Washing clothes
- Washing up
- Making phone calls where necessary
- Prompting to take of meds
- Occasional admin work to ensure Direct Payments paper work is complete
- Occasionally accompanying client
- Although the lady you will be caring for is ill, she has a good sense of humour and the employee will be treated well.
- The lady is an ex-social worker who graduated from the University of Southampton in 2004 after completing a degree and diploma in social policy, sociology and social work.
- Onsite training will be given and this will be provided by the lady’s senior personal care assistant.
- The lady is willing to split the hours where necessary if you cannot comit to 11.75 hours
- The employee will undergo a trial period to be agreed at the start of employment
What we ask:
- College, undergraduate, postgraduate, appropriate personal care experience
- Experience in personal Care
- Must be calm, patient, reliable and honest
- Must have recent DBS or undertake one which will be funded
- Experience in personal care
- Absolutely essential that you do not wear perfume, deodorant, strong bath or shower gels, or wear clothes recently washed in strong/pungent washing powder, as this all makes me more Ill.
- Be able to work quietly when noise sensitivity is an issue and
- Work in low light when light sensitivity is an issue
- Make meals and follow instructions about food intolerances
- Education Level
- Secondary School, College, Other, University
- Type of Contract
- Evening Job, Weekend
- Salary indication
£10.62 per hour
- Responsible for
- Personal Care
- Type of Job
- Home Care
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
- English, French