Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Job Title: Communications Intern, 6 months
Reports to: Director of HR – Group Airlines
Function: HR / Communications
Location: Hangar 1, Western Maintenance Area, Runger Lane, Manchester Airport, Manchester, M90 5FL
Job Purpose: To support change programme ‘Big Leap’ and projects related to communicating these projects and results.
Salary: £13,747.50 pa (pro-rata’d)
• Responsible for supporting the strategic planning and implementation of internal and external communications for the Group Airlines
• These will be aligned with the corporate objectives and values and Corporate Social Responsibility
• Support all internal media channels, identifying new methods of communicating and project managing implementation as agreed
• Proactively encourage and seek feedback from all employees
• Plan and support internal communication events
• Consult and support managers to respond to issues raised at communication events
• Manage relationship with service providers
• Support the implementation of the Group Airlines Crisis Plan as and when required
• Manage specific project work as directed by the Director of HR and Head of Communications
• Proactive identification and dissemination of current topics relevant to the Aviation industry planning Q&A and other responses for employees as appropriate
MUST HAVE Skills, know-how and experience:
• Experience in Corporate Communications.
• Exceptional communication skills with proficiency in English language and grammar
• Ability to communicate complex issues in a way that the target audience can understand
• Planning and organisational skills. Able to work independently in a structured manner
• Cultural sensitivity gained by working in an international environment
PREFERRED Skills, know-how and experience
• Experience of the Aviation industry
• Technical / professional qualifications:
Studying towards qualification in Media/Communications Studies, Publishing, Journalism or equivalent
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. As an internal colleague we are dedicated to ensuring you can fulfill your career aspirations, you’ll be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
If you require any support during the recruitment process, please contact your local HR/ Resourcing team and they will be happy to help.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free