Metro Radio & TFM Cash for Kids are seeking 2 ambitious interns. One will be based in Stockton and the other in Newcastle. In the last seven years our successful charity programme has resulted in several students securing full time employment with Bauer Media. A number of current full time staff at Metro Radio are former interns.
Metro Radio and TFM are two of the North East's biggest commercial radio stations. Each is part of the worldwide media empire, Bauer Media. Bauer's extensive portfolio includes TV and radio stations and over 300 magazines in 15 countries and of course Cash for Kids the official charity within Metro Radio and TFM Radio.
Metro and TFM both broadcast across the North East from Newcastle City Centre. Each week 606,000 people listen to Metro Radio and TFM. In January 2015 both flagship stations launched new sub-brand stations, Metro Radio 2 and TFM 2.
Please note this role is unpaid. However, there are opportunities to gain paid promotional work throughout the placement with TFM & Metro Radio's 'Street Team'. We will also pay £5 per day travel expenses. The role is 12 months, 5 days a week with additional paid for weekend or evening work, commencing as soon as possible..
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- With guidance from the Cash for Kids team– assist in implementing an annual marketing plan (i.e. events, campaigns, promotions, fundraising and new ideas)
- Learn content management skills in order to publish relevant/engaging content on the Cash for Kids website
- Manage Cash for Kids social media; generating content for posts and driving engagement levels up
- Be confident on telephone enquiries and be able to talk to corporate supporters, new and existing.
- Maintain and develop existing supporters, by ensuring you exceed client expectations
What we offer:
Applicants must hold a valid driving license as the role requires individuals to drive company car from time to time.
- The ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner across all areas of the business
- Be able to eventually manage events, tasks, use initiative, work to deadlines and help with PR
- Excellent excel and administration skills
- A high level of creativity and the ability to generate ideas
- Be a fun person who can also show a serious side
- Be Confident and outgoing and able to engage with people on all levels
- Proficiency in copywriting, producing and publishing good written work
- Confident driver as you will be required to drive company vehicles
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, University
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Voluntary
- Salary indication
£25.00 per week
- Responsible for
- Marketing Cash for Kids, it’s services and products to existing and potential corporate supporter’s and general fundraisers, in order to increase awareness and cash revenue for the charity.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Project Management, Online Marketing
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required