What are you going to do
We are offering a rewarding opportunity to work closely with young people aged from 5 - 16 years old, helping them to overcome their learning obstacles in maths and English.
Those who apply need to be available to work on one or more of the following days:
Wednesdays - 16.30 - 18.30
Thursdays - 16.30 - 18.30
Saturdays - 10.00 – 13.00.
- Supporting a group of children (our students are between 5 - 16 years old) with their personalised maths and English learning programmes.
- Light admin work - writing homework cards, updating logs, assisting with marking (using handbooks with answers).
What we offer:
- Great pay - £8 - £12 per hour
- A supportive and friendly team and environment.
- Both Centre Managers are qualified teachers, on-hand to support you at all times.
- Valuable work experience - teaching and working with young people.
- Personal development - increasing your subject knowledge and learning to adapt to teaching maths and English concepts to 5-16 year olds.
What we ask:
- An 'A' grade in GCSE maths and/or English (or above)
- No experience required; training provided.
All of our staff undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. We can only accept candidates who have a clean DBS record.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- reliable and enthusiastic
- friendly and approachable, with excellent communication skills
- willing to uphold our standards and expectations with regards to student behaviour and progress
- professional and mature
- able to use your initiative to be responsive to the needs of our students
Prior experience working with children is preferred, but not required.
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Weekend
- Salary indication
Between £8.00 and £12.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- Supporting students with their maths and English learning programmes.
- Type of Job
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required