What are you going to do
Product & Sales Executive
Hours: 5 days a week with a 9 hour shift between the hours of 8-5 or 9-6, Monday to Friday (Total 40 hours per week). Plus an occasional weekend day before big events receiving a day in lieu or additional pay (9-5pm).
Racing Breaks are Europe's largest racing travel business, offering ticket inclusive and hospitality packages to all major UK and Ireland racecourses including Cheltenham, Aintree, Punchestown, Newmarket, Leopardstown, Chester, Epsom, The Curragh, Ascot, Goodwood and York. We also offer international horse racing abroad packages to Meydan in Dubai, Longchamp, Chantilly, Keeneland, Santa Anita, Kentucky and Melbourne.
Racing Breaks is a young fast growing company, that sits under the Palatinate Group, with a small team passionate about horse racing.
- Website: You will be responsible for updating and maintaining the Racingbreaks.com website. This involves creating new pages, tickets, racecourses and looking after the inventory on the site
- Social Media: You will be responsible for updating and maintaining all Social Media platforms. You will be expected to come up with your own ideas and campaigns to boost followers and expand the Racing Breaks brand. You will learn and understand the links and analytical background associated with social media and the end goal of producing more sales.
- Race Meetings: You will attend numerous race meetings at different courses to gain experience and collect content and assets including videos, photos and interviews needed for social and blog posts
- Blog: You will be expected to contribute and look after the Racing breaks blog writing articles on a vast range of topics related to horse racing. You will be expected to come up with ideas and initiatives to increase readership and interaction.
- Admin: There will be ad hoc jobs that you will be expected to help organise and look after.
- Sales: You will be responsible for helping and backing up senior sales managers in looking after bookings and packages.
Racing Breaks are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please upload a current CV profile and cover letter outlining your suitable experience and interest in racing.
What we ask:
- Minimum degree: Currently studying a degree
- Minimum work experience: Ideally some experience with social media, content or sales
Personal Characteristics needed to fulfill the role:
Candidates should be studying a relevant degree either sport, travel or business related.
- An interest in horse racing is essential
- Team player
- Hard working
- Open to sales training
- The applicant should be aware that they are joining a small team where emphasis is based on working together and getting stuck in to any work or scenario that may evolve.
- It's essential that applicants are genuine, ethical. friendly, honest, not too serious and join our 'up for it' culture that we have built our businesses successfully on.
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Salary indication
Between £17,500 and £20,500 per year
- Responsible for
- A fantastically varied role including opportunities to support web content, social media, sales, race meetings and bring your own creativity to our blogs.
- Type of Job
- Advertising / Marketing / PR , Sales
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required