What are you going to do
Job title - Trade and Exhibitions Assistant
The RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises organise a host of aviation related events including the Royal International Air Tattoo that attracts 160,000 visitors for a weekend of spectacular aviation action every year. Our commercial activities enable us to gift our profits to The RAF Charitable Trust in order to foster and encourage an interest in aviation amongst young people and to inspire the next generation of aerospace professionals - whether engineers, pilots or ground crew. If you are a talented sales professional who is enthusiastic, outgoing, dynamic and results-focused with a passion for the world of aviation we would be delighted to hear from you.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the department to strengthen and consolidate existing business and develop new commercial opportunities.
- Assisting in promoting, selling and managing showground Trade & Exhibition opportunities at RIAT from prospect through to final delivery at the show.
- Assisting in identifying and creating new revenue opportunities at RIAT by proactive communication and follow up.
- Working alongside our Commercial departments to ensure all sales activities are accurately recorded, invoiced and plotted using Excel-based systems.
- Working closely with the Business Development Executive to ensure all customer facing activities are coordinated and delivered in accordance with business plans.
- Working in a variety of roles with varying responsibilities during the events delivery
What we offer:
- £19,300 per annum
- Discretionary Reward Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company Pension
- Online training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Fitness and wellbeing opportunities
- Great Place to Work Social Events
What we ask:
- Experience of delivering outdoor events/activities/exhibitions
- Sales-focussed and customer-facing experience
- Strong IT skills – with advanced Excel and Word skills
- A creative and imaginative approach with an ability to contribute ideas and vision
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills
- An ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to agreed timescales and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills; experience using modelling techniques for the preparation of presentations
- An ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- A proactive and solution-focussed approach
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A trustworthy, reliable and honest approach
- Experience of the retail/trade sector
£19,300 per annum
- Education Level
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs, Temporary Full Time
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required