Do you like working with children? If you are responsible, imaginative, caring and full of energy, this might be the summer job you are looking for!
Can you imagine every nook and cranny of every street of every corner of a quaint Spanish town filled with teenagers from around the globe? Well, such a place exists and it's called Pueblo Ingles for Teens!
Pueblo Ingles is an English immersion course for Spanish students to practice English without having to travel abroad. Since July 2004 we have "taught" English to Spaniards and welcomed thousands of English-speaking teenagers to our little villages, where the official language is no longer Spanish.
During the program they are accompanied by Counselors who are in charge of managing groups of 8 to 10 children (Spaniards and volunteers who are English native speakers). The program is directed by the Program Director and the Master of Ceremonies, who will be in charge of making sure that the program is following the structure it is supposed to as well as organizing activities, and providing support to the Counselors.
The Summer programs for Kids don't have English-speaking volunteers, so the counselors will be the ones in charge of exposing the children to English language through games, sports, theatre and plenty of activities.
· Supervise daily recreational and social activities for groups of students. You will be in charge of groups of 8 to 12 children.
· Explain activities, play games and instruct workshops: sports, arts and crafts, theatre, music, dance, etc… The participants will rely on you to guide them through their activities and you must have both the charisma to work with a group and the sensitivity to listen to the individual.
· Tend to campers' requirements/needs.
· Make sure the campers speak and hear as much English as possible.
· Enforce safety rules and regulations and ensure the safety and well-being of the campers.
· This demanding role requires constant energy and enthusiasm. You will be a role model, teacher, mediator, comedian and friend. In the residential camps, you'll be with the children 24 hours a day.
· Overseeing appropriate behaviour at meal times.
· Chaperoning on the bus trip from Madrid to the venue and back.
· Volunteers pick-ups and drop-offs in Madrid.
Location: Our camps take place at a number of rural resorts (all with an assortment of sports and leisure facilities)
Ages: Kids – 7 to 12 years old and Teens – 13 to 18 years old.
Schedule: Full time.
We have FOUR weeks of our "traditional" Pueblo Inglés Kids & Teens programs:
Week 1: Training on the 27th of June, pickups and logistics on the 28th of June, camp from the 29th of June to the 6th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 7th of June..
Week 2: Training on the 4th of July, pickups and logistics on the 5th of July, camp from the 6th of July to the 13th of July , drop offs and logistics on the 14th of July.
Week 3: Training on the 11th of July, pickups and logistics on the 12th, camp from the 13th of July to the 20th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 21st of July.
Week 4: Training on the 18th of July, pickups and logistics on the 19th of July, camp from the 20th of July to the 27th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 28th of July.
We also have the FOUR weeks of the camps for the Public Education System (dates to be confirmed)
Week 1 and week 2: Training on the 29th of June, pickups and logistics on the 30th of June, camp from the 1st of July to the 14th of July , drop offs and logistics on the 15th.
Week 3 and week 4: Training on the 13th of July, pickups and logistics on the 14th of July, camp from the 15th of July to the 28th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 29th.
Age: Counselors must be at least 20 years old (born in 1997 or before)
Languages: Must be a native English speaker or have a bilingual level
EU-citizens (or legal work permit in Spain)
Certificate of Criminal Records that allows you to work with minors (for example, DBS/CRB check, Garda vetting…)
Desirable previous camp experience, 1 to 2 proven years of working with children.
Teaching experience is an advantage and might be required for some of the residential camps
Non-smokers preferred. It is expressly forbidden to smoke when in the presence of children (as stated by Spanish Law)
WHAT WE OFFER
Contract: We offer a Spanish employment. You are under contract for the duration of the program, including the day before and after the program for airport pickups and drops-offs as well as chaperoning in Madrid.
Example of 2 programs work:
Week 1: Training on the 28th of June, pickups and logistics on 29th of June, camp from the 30th of June to the 7th of July.
Week 2: Camp from the 7th of July to the 14th of July, drop offs and logistics on the 15th of July.
· Training: You have to be in Madrid for Training and Contract signing. We provide accommodation for the airport pick-up night (if you do not reside in Madrid), but the Training night will be at your own expense.
4 weeks in a row: 1025 € gross
3 weeks in a row: 775 € gross
2 weeks in a row: 525 € gross
1 week: 275 € gross
3 weeks with a break: 825 € gross.
Food an accommodation provided at the camps.
Steps to become a COUNSELOR
· If you are interested in this position and meet the job requirements please send your CV and cover letter.
· We will get back to you as soon as we've had a chance to review it.
· We will set a personal interview, (phone or Skype interview if not in Madrid) with all candidates that we feel best suit the job.
Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free