E-commerce Trading Manager
Professional Products Division
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair, skin and beauty products. The 9 brands within this division are L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Redken, Pureology, Matrix, Décleor, Carita and soon to join the division will be Baxter of California. Our brands have made us the world leader in professional beauty products and one of the most dynamic places to pursue your career in the UK.
What are key highlights of this role?
Work closely with the brand teams and commercial directors to develop and execute trading and merchandising strategies for newly launched B2B ecommerce platform on Demandware.
- Use web and CRM data and consumer insight to recommend and execute sales initiatives to drive increased conversion rates, efficiently upsell and cross sell products, drive revenue and profit and increased customer lifetime value.
- Ensure optimal site usability and best practice user experience to drive increased average order size, checkout conversion rate and site profitability.
- Identify, recommend and drive continuous innovation and best practice implementation regarding e-commerce and user experience.
- Work with brand and international teams to manage and optimize online content to maximize sales opportunities, as well as driving customer awareness around the new brand launches.
- Ensure the site and the product content is always up to date, divisional product portfolio complete and merchandise the site based on brand strategies and commercial opportunities and trading calendar.
- Drive platform further development and optimisation with the international team and lead the site testing and user research.
- Lead the divisional development projects including the rollout of the international initiatives.
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
· Experience managing/supporting a B2B or B2C e-commerce site and creating online trading calendars and strategies.
- Great understanding of e-commerce solutions and strategies including merchandising, UX & UI, CRM, promotion mechanisms and tactics, pricing and stock management, logistic excellence, payment processing, invoicing and fraud prevention.
- Technical understanding of the digital product management and optimization.
- Experience working in the ecommerce CMS, ideally Demandware and web analytics platforms (Ideally Google Analytics 360).
- Strong analytical skills and data driven approach; with ability to harness multiple source insights into successful sales & marketing opportunities.
- Highly collaborative approach and confident working with multiple senior stakeholders in a cross functional matrix environment.
- Ability to facilitate efficient meetings and drive projects with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence and build relationships across an organization.
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development.
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary.
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
How do I apply?
To apply for a role with us please visit our careers page at
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required