Devops Lead Engineer – Thomas Cook Money -...
Thomas Cook Money is not a bank. We’re a holiday company with a mission to help make holiday money easier to manage for everyone, by helping them save, borrow, spend and protect...
Devops Lead Engineer – Thomas Cook Money - London
Thomas Cook Money is not a bank. We’re a holiday company with a mission to help make holiday money easier to manage for everyone, by helping them save, borrow, spend and protect themselves in a fun and rewarding way. To realise our ambition, we are embarking on a 5 year journey, fixing what we have today, building a new customer proposition we can be proud of, then growing that proposition into new geographies.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Lead Engineer who is passionate about using container scheduling, AWS Native services and Docker to deliver a world class cloud based continuous integration and deployment environment for Thomas Cook Money IT. As a DevOps Lead you'll have a brilliant understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services our client requires; focusing on automation, decoupling, self-service and containerisation. You will be responsible for a small team as well as providing further technical guidance and decision making across product development and security.
- Deliver and own key contributions to projects
- Work on principal/strategic projects (multiple projects at any one time)
- Ensure capability to work across multiple technologies and multiple delivery methods
- Installing, configuring and maintaining continuous integration, automation and configuration management tools
- Working with the developers and operations to create a fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects
- Working closely with customer Architecture, Development, Test, Security and IT Services teams
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using CI/CD tools
- Implementing and developing solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments
- Evaluating and advising on cloud and containerization solutions
- Create environment provisioning solutions using Docker, CloudFormation, Ansible and Terraform or similar
- Ensuring the teams delivery of customer requirements within a dynamic environment
Skills and experience:
- Experience of designing highly scalable and performing systems using a cloud strategy ( AWS )
- Evidence of delivering complex technical change in a large organisation.
- Continuous Integration & Deployment: expert knowledge of principles and implementation
- Extensive experience of Cloud Computing preferably AWS
- Automation technologies: Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins
- Containerisation: Docker, Docker SWARM, Nomad, Kubernetes and ECS/ECR
- Version Control Systems: Gitlab, Git, Subversion
- RedHat, Centos or Debian Linux administration
- Application load balancers and DNS name resolution
- Python, Perl and/or bash scripting experience
- Administration and configuration of UNIX applications
- Significant experience managing a core Production infrastructure that delivers SaaS or business services 24x7 to global businesses.
- Strong AWS Networking experience - VPC, VPN, Peering, Security - AWS certified security professional a bonus.
- Experience of working closely with application developers and using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Tower, Jenkins.
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required