Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
The IT Operations End User Computing team has a group wide function in delivering many day-to-day computing services to end users, including hardware, software and email.
The End User Support Engineer is directly involved in assisting colleagues and solving problems on a day-to-day basis. This hands-on role is based in our London Aldersgate office and has direct contact with colleagues from many different business areas. You will undertake hands-on tasks, as well as communicating with our internal and external helpdesks and vendors for them to further assist users.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Provide flawless IT user support in a timely manner for various IT devices, basic patching and networking tasks, Audio Visual meeting room management, key system administration such as Wi-Fi, AD and anti-virus.
- In-person care, taking incident ownership through to resolution. Including support of non-standard devices and systems.
- Provide timely communication relating to major incidents, projects, processes and individual managed incidents, to VIPs/wider IT/related stakeholders (as relevant) to ensure a consistent and transparent service.
- Key resource for Proof of Concept (POC) initiatives, projects and testing of emerging technologies; performing onsite tasks, providing oversight/scheduling and feedback.
- Collaborate and support other technology teams as well as external vendors in a diverse range of IT support tasks including the creation and maintenance of product and system knowledge
- Keep up to date on TC technology and strategy in order to align daily activities with achieving these.
- Proactively investigate and understand the devices, operations systems and support infrastructure for both core and non-core devices so that support of these devices can be effectively and quickly supported.
- Carry out other support related tasks as required, occasionally at non-core TC locations (limited travel may be required)
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Windows desktop support as well as common activities such as account administration. Mac OS / iOS familiarization
- Intermediate knowledge of underlying IT infrastructure and systems, such as Active Directory, Email, Anti-Virus and network patching.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of a service oriented attitude with senior leaders and the ability to balance competing priorities
- Analytical and thorough with a structured approach
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Note: The role requires some availability for out of hours project/incident support.
- Ability to speak other European languages
- Apple support qualifications and experience
- Previous Executive/VIP Support Experience, preferably in a corporate environment
Technical / professional qualifications (desireable):
- ITIL and a technical qualification such as MCSE
- Relevant Computing qualification
- Apple / MAC support
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required