We are currently recruiting a Team Manager to join our Ambient Team at our Swan Valley Distribution Centre. The successful candidate will report to the Shift Managers and will be responsible for leading their team to...
We are currently recruiting a Team Manager to join our Ambient Team at our Swan Valley Distribution Centre. The successful candidate will report to the Shift Managers and will be responsible for leading their team to successfully deliver KPIs and drive business performance.
These are Lates based roles (14:00 - 22:00), working 5 over 7 days.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and driving KPIs and taking action to ensure they are all met on a daily and weekly basis
- Setting performance targets and reviewing progress and creating action plans to improve performance
- Looking for solutions to operational problems
- Spotting and developing talent in your team through coaching and guidance
- Looking after colleague welfare and improving attendance standards
- Allocating task and holding daily shift briefs
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A good understanding of the retail / logistics distribution environment
- Proven experience in a people management role with the ability to deliver strong results through a team
- The ability to problem solve, report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes in order to improve operational performance
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage motivate and develop large teams
- The ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the organisation
You may already know that Morrisons is the UK’s 4th largest supermarket. But did you know that we’re also the UK’s 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer?
Our offering is unique, as unlike other supermarkets, we source and process over 90% of the fresh food that we sell in store.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving 11 million customers across the UK over nearly 500 stores and an online home delivery service.
Why Join Us?
We’ve a fantastic bunch of people who are at the top of their game in all kinds of fields. And in return for looking after our customers, we look after them with great rewards. Don’t just take our word for it, to hear from our colleagues about what life is really like at Morrisons.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required