Global Category Manager - London
Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
We are currently looking for an experienced professional to occupy a senior position in the Group Procurement team.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop, implement and lead strategic sourcing plans for expenditure across Thomas Cook Group that address key business requirements and optimising group synergies using best practice procurement activity that is consistent with Thomas Cook Group’s Procurement strategy, standards, tools, procedures.
- Develop, implement and drive innovative procurement solutions to address business requirements and challenges whilst maximising value and ensuring delivery of breakthrough results.
- Leadership and management of complex, high value global sourcing initiatives for the area of Thomas Cook Money including complex negotiations which are of significant impact to the business, with in-depth legal and senior business management participation
- Leadership of interdisciplinary sourcing teams driving development of direct reports and other members of the Group Procurement Team
- Drive collaboration and engagement with key business stakeholders in the group and/ or within local subsidiaries ensuring the procurement strategy supports and addresses their key department objectives and challenges ensuring that the procurement agenda is a key part of their department strategy
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic suppliers, understanding contractual requirements and supplier business strategies ensuring effective supplier and contract management to drive the maximum value from the supply base
- Ensure market information is up to date to enable competitive analysis and enable the development of risk management and mitigation plans Thomas Cook Money
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Extensive strategic procurement and supplier relationship management experience
- Track record of strategic results delivery under pressure
- Track record of successfully leading a team within a strategic procurement function and demonstrating strong management and organisational skills along with the ability to develop the function, and individual members within the team
- Financially literate – able to create and manage budgets, able to understand profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and the impact of cash flow
- Strong supplier management skills and a high level of ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- High level of ‘ownership’ with an ability to think outside the box, innovate and constructively challenge the status quo
- Ability to challenge the status quo and see the wider holistic picture developing innovative solutions to business problems weighing up cost versus risk.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills managing stakeholders at all levels across the Thomas Cook Group and the ability to market the services provided by procurement
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required