What are you going to do:
A Kings Recruit work placement gives students and young people, over the age of 18, the opportunity to work in a variety of different coaching roles within our leading partner, Kings Camps.
As a work placement student, you’ll be working with children aged 4 to 17. With a hassle-free application and interview process, our work placements are tailored to suit each individual, not only providing you with enhanced employment credentials but also fulfilling compulsory course requirements for many colleges and universities.
We’re flexible about how many hours or weeks you need to work (although this will usually be two weeks on a placement basis) as well as where you work – we have hundreds of different opportunities for work placements throughout the UK.
What we offer:
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Minimum of 60-hours contact time
- Record of employment
- Personal Coaching and staff evaluation
- Free Kings Recruit Enhanced DBS Certificate (saving you £58)
- Free staff uniform (saving you £25)
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings Recruit
- The opportunity to help make a difference to the lives of children from all backgrounds
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Delivering market-leading activity programmes with a great range of sports and activities
- Excellent locations – some of the best university and school sites in the UK as well as residential locations in the UK
- Excellent training – market-leading on-line and on-site training covering customer care, child protection, child supervision, child welfare and behaviour, health and safety, sports coaching techniques and creative and dynamic session development
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- Ability to maintain high standards of health and safety and safeguarding
- Exceptional leadership and organisational skills
- Commitment to high quality service to parents and children
- Willingness to lead from the front
- Ability to instil excitement and motivation in staff and children
- Willingness to adapt
- A vibrant, fun and confident personality
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
We’re looking for your availability between 08.00-18.00 Daily. £466 per week (pro rata for 3- and 4-day camps.
Dates and Location
- Over 50 locations in England, Scotland and Wales
- Our camps take place during the school holidays in Easter and Summer– we expect your commitment to a minimum of 3 programme weeks but dependent upon the length of a season.
- Can’t commit to a full 3 weeks? We have opportunities for Bank Multi Sports Coaches also.
Staff Selection Process
- Child welfare is our number one priority, therefore our selection includes:
- Interview, either in-person or by Skype
- Professional and personal reference checks
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- Education Level
- College, University
- Working hours per week
- 35 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Salary indication
£466.00 Per Week
- Responsible for
- A Kings Recruit work placement gives students and young people, over the age of 18, the opportunity to work in a variety of different coaching roles within our leading partner, Kings Camps.
- Type of Job
- Sport / Adventure, Teaching / Instructors / Guides
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required