What are you going to do
Job Title: International Students' Programme Coordinator
Responsible to: Student Programmes Manager
Responsible for: 2 x International Events Assistants and 1 x
Give It A Go Assistant
Job Purpose: To develop and run a range of programmes for LUU's international and UK students that encourage all
students to be part of Leeds' global community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support the manager in developing and implementing the department's plan.
Working with Others
- To work effectively with people, developing productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- To work with key University staff running complementary work.
- To work across the Student Engagement Directorate and LUU to link the Student Programme Team's work to LUU's other work and services.
- To support the people working in the Global Community programme team enabling them to achieve their best through effective recruitment, development, recognition and performance management.
- To control spending in line with the budget to maximise efficiency including the control of wages where these are variable.
- To utilise resources and make appropriate purchases in line with the budget and the limits of authority, taking account of ethical and environmental considerations.
- To ensure that personal knowledge and skills are updated to ensure effectiveness in meeting work objectives.
- Building on existing work, develop a coherent and compelling programme for international students and activity that encourages all students to be part of Leeds' global community.
- To manage the overall delivery of service in the Global Community programme team and monitor performance to achieve targets and objectives.
- To maintain an up to date awareness of trends and developments in international student engagement and community building work, and make appropriate changes to the delivery of the activity.
- To monitor and oversee the provision of a Global Community programme team services, utilising a range of methods, ensuring the nature and range of services continue to meet the demand of all LUU's customers.
- To ensure the programmes are accessible for all students and meet the needs of LUU's diverse membership.
- To work with and advise other teams across LUU to ensure our work and services are relevant to our global community.
- To deliver a customer-focused culture to ensure the highest level of service is provided to all members by every member of staff.
- To ensure compliance with LUU's internal procedures and all external legal requirements to include Health & Safety and licencing regulations.
- To ensure operational procedures (including those for cash handling and security) are followed at all times so that standards are met.
- To operate within LUU's ethical and environmental parameters for all purchasing decisions.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably prescribed by the Student Programme Manager appropriate to the grade and responsibilities of this post.
- £20,997 per annum
- Full time - 36.5 hours per week
- Closing Date: 9am Monday 6 August 2018
- Job ref: 78/18
What we offer:
- We offer 26 days’ holiday.
- We offer a pension scheme.
- Generous statutory and Union closed days.
What we ask:
- At least finished high school , Degree standard desirable
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to prioritise, plan and deliver tasks on time
- Ability to organise the work of self and others
- Ability to plan and deliver communications
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to use a range of IT software, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Developing and delivering programmes for international and UK students
- Working with partner organisations to deliver programmes of activity
- Creating and delivering programmes that appeal to students from across the world
- Managing resources; staff and financial
- Research and writing reports
- Knowledge of current trends in developing programmes for international students and connecting students from around the world together
- Ability to work in a student-led environment
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Willingness to adopt the behavioural values of Leeds University Union
We are looking for an innovative individual with a knowledge of the international education sector, and proven management experience. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, be organised and able to effectively manage projects, and have an out-of-the-box viewpoint. You will have a track record of forming good relationships with colleagues and working across a diverse team, plus you'll either have an international background or a sound understanding of international perspectives.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 36 - 36
- Type of Contract
- Full Time Jobs
- Salary indication
£20,997 per year
- Responsible for
- Developing and running a range of programmes for LUU's international and UK students that encourage all students to be part of Leeds' global community.
- Type of Job
- Project Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required