Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Thomas Cook Youth Brands – Call Centre Agent
Location: Peterborough, with some travel
Term: Temporary 4 months (August – December)
TWSTD Festival is a unique indoor winter music festival. It takes place on the last weekend in November, for more information visit www.TWSTDFestival.com we are currently recruiting for our annual Call Centre Agents who will play an important part in the success of the festival. This is a very diverse role and to fulfil the needs of the business we are looking for a multi skilled individuals to come and take key positions within the team.
The successful candidates will be required to support the Event Delivery Manager in all operational, sales and administrative aspects of TWSTD Festival. They will act as Call Centre Agents for TWSTD Festival dealing with a high level of incoming calls on a daily basis. Calls types can vary and include general enquiries, sales, balance payments, complaints and all levels of customer service. As well as answering calls accurate maintenance of the reservations system is required and all in house processes must be followed.
Profit & Growth:
- Challenge and improve ways of working and the customer offering to drive efficiency and support the overall goal of maximising growth and value added by own business area.
- Work closely with both internal and external teams to ensure accurate and smooth reporting.
- Maintain effective and accurate booking information on the in house financial and reservations systems.
- Investigate and resolve any queries or discrepancies.
Customer Insight & Experience:
- Demonstrate a customer focussed culture, delivering the relevant service for the customer (internal or external), whilst seeking and acting on feedback to make continual improvements to the customer experience. Taking action in personal service delivery and collaboration with the wider team.
- To ensure customer experience at first contact and throughout the customer journey is in line with the company values and customer expectations.
- Deliver across all aspects of customer service i.e. Cancellations, complaints, amendments and provide advice and information to the customer on all aspects of their itinerary.
- Responsible for accurately tracking and monitoring complaints stats feeding back to management when action is required and implementing positive outcomes.
- Fully understand the brand’s guidelines/identity and ensure consistency of delivery and quality demanded by the customer.
- Work collaboratively with the wider team to ensure operational excellence and compliance across own business area.
- Support improvement work streams and continuously strive to improve own operating standards and methods in order to meet and exceed targets.
- Cover all administrative aspects of TWSTD Festival. Be available to go above and beyond the call of duty at peak periods.
- The use of innovative/creative thinking and problem solving to succeed in an ever changing business environment.
People Development & Learning:
- Maximise personal skills, knowledge and experience to stay commercially focused and positively impact on performance and assist in meeting business goals.
- Strive to achieve a high performance culture, engaging in regular feedback sessions and coaching sessions whilst maintaining positive engagement.
- This is a key role that requires communication and an ability to build relationships at all levels with internal and external customers, a very high degree of personable skill is required.
Skills & Experience:
- Confident, articulate, committed, passionate and flexible.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation and initiative, as well as able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational ability with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with strong commercial mind-set and business acumen.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience working in the events industry.
- Call centre, sales and customer service experience.
Location, Travel and Hours of Work
- A flexible approach is required for hours and days of work that can vary at short notice. Throughout peak trading we work on a rota basis.
- Please note that there are certain restrictions in place on taking annual leave during the build up to the events.
- Dependant on the needs of the business your contract may be extended to include working at the event. Confirmation of this will be given closer to the time. If you do work the event then you will be required to stay overnight on site for anything up to 2 weeks with extended working hours.
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.