Sculptor studio internship helping team in all aspects of making bronze sculptures.
Working in a rural studio on all aspects of lost wax casting life-sise bronze sculptures.
3 days a week, paying Minimum wage.
Much of the work involves the use of power tools, grinders and cutters. The work can be noisy and dirty and requires some strength to move the bronzes around. Most of the bronzes weigh about 35 kg. We use winches for heavier objects or two people, careful lifting technique and willingness is usually enough. We would expect applicants to be able to lift a 25kg bag of salt onto a table.
- Confidence with power tools is preferred but specific experience of this industry is not essential.
- Most of the previous assistants have been art graduates between degree and further study or career development.
- There is a possibility of subsidized weekday accommodation.
What we offer
- training in all aspects of lost wax casting
- the opportunity to further your own art work
- working as part of a small friendly team
- At least finished university degree
- some basic experience using hand tools
- sufficient strength to lift 25kg sack onto a table
- Art based education
- Having an interest in furthering your own art practice
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 24 - 30
- Type of Contract
- Graduate Internship
- Salary indication
Between £7.38 and £7.83 per hour
- Responsible for
- Assisting team in all aspects of bronze casting mould making exhibiting etc.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Design / Fashion
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required