What are you going to do
Fyodor Golan is a small team so there are many opportunities to learn more about any facet of the business for students willing to give their time and maximum effort. Departments overlap and intertwine so students are often given the opportunity to tailor their internship to their own needs alongside the requirements of the company.
These elements will be discussed at interview stage.
What you'll learn / we will teach you:
- Fabric and Trim sourcing
- Print research and development
- Technical drawings
- Garment research and development
- Copying patterns at sampling and production stages
- Some pattern alterations & grading
- Cutting fabric at toiling and final garment stages
- London factory visits
- Quality control and assurance
- Packing and shipments
- Hand sewing garment alterations before show/photoshoot
- General upkeep of the studio space
List of preferable skills/given tasks:
- Good organisation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Keen eye for detail while working at a quick and efficient pace.
- Able to work off of own initiative both individually and within a team.
- Understanding of and flexible to the importance of deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite is preferable but not essential.
- Good opportunity to familiarise with relevent London retailers/suppliers
- Fabric cutting techniques - (pattern markings etc.)
- How to work with high quality and special development fabrics
- Print development
- General industry practises
- Apply with a CV, Digital Portfolio and Cover Letter.
- Please clearly state your availability (possible start date and required internship length).
What we ask:
- You should be registered as a university student
- Fashion Textiles
- Art Foundation
- Education Level
- College, University
- Working hours per week
- 30 - 35
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Graduate Internship, Placements
- Salary indication
£0.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- Studio & Collection development and production
- Type of Job
- Design / Fashion
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required