What are you going to do
Job Title: Intern
Reporting to: CEO
Duration: 6 months
Purpose: To contribute to the development of Cornerstone as we transition into a new and exciting space, and aid in the delivery of our mission, goals and objectives.
Remuneration: Please note this is an unpaid internship. Travel expenses will be covered.
- To give students the means and opportunities to successfully transition from education to industry.
- We help students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Poor careers guidance is extremely damaging to students from disadvantaged backgrounds. We want to open doors for these students and present them with new opportunities in line with their career goals. We're looking to deliver meaningful, employer-led careers support that helps individual students into their chosen career.
- By equipping students with the skills they need to achieve their chosen careers. We're looking to disrupt the education industry, and revolutionise how careers advice is delivered to disadvantaged students.
- Current service offering: Free one-to-one tutoring programmes for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- New service offering: Pop-up careers accelerators for disadvantaged students in colleges across the UK.*
- *This is predominantly what you'll be working on during your time with us.
The Ideal Candidate
- Above all, we're looking for an intern that supports our why, is generous and wants to change the outlooks for disadvantaged students. Someone that is ambitious and wants to be part of industry changing work.
- We are looking for an intern that is flexible and willing to throw themselves into whatever task they are given.
- You're going to be a critical pillar in the development of the charity over the next 6 months. It's going to be fast paced and intense – we need someone that can thrive in these conditions.
There's going to be lots to do! Some examples of your responsibilities will include:
- - Undertaking research to aid the development of ideas and projects
- - Liaising with schools and colleges – helping to organising programmes
- - Helping to maintain relationships with our clients and stakeholders; schools, colleges, volunteers etc.
- - Assisting the CEO with day-to-day duties
Responsibilities are likely to change on a weekly basis, covering a wide range of areas.
Above all, it's going to be a lot of fun – your work will have a direct impact on improving the odds for disadvantaged students!
How to apply
- Drop us an email and tell us why you'd be the perfect candidate.
What we ask:
- At least finished college A levels
- Education Level
- Secondary School, College, University
- Working hours per week
- 25 - 35
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Graduate Internship, Placements
- Salary indication
£0.00 per hour
- Responsible for
- Responsibilities are likely to change on a weekly basis, covering a wide range of areas.
- Type of Job
- Project Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required