Cracked It is an award-winning social enterprise phone repair service that trains and employs young ex-offenders.
Our mission is radical: to harness the £2bn-a-year repair market to support vulnerable youth to move away from crime.
Our ex-offender technicians staff our pop-up repair clinics in workplaces, including River Island and the Ministry of Justice.
We're on the hunt for a Master Technician - Cracked It's resident repair maestro and fountain of tech knowledge.
You'll be supervising repairs, coordinating our repair clinics and will have a hand in training up new recruits.
What you'll be doing:
- Work your repair magic to fix phones
- Co-ordinate our pop-up repair clinics in large workplace
- Train up our new recruits
- Keep our repair arsenal stocked up
- Ensure our customer care is top-notch
- • Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 pro-rata, dependent on experience
- • Hours: Full-time & part-time options considered. You'll need to be available to work on the occasional evening/weekend.
- • Contract length: 1 year fixed term contract
- • Leave: 25 days holiday pro rata (on top of 8 bank holidays) + your birthday off!
- • Start date: ASAP
How to apply:
Applications close at 9am on 1st October 2018.
We'd welcome applications before this date as we'll be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
What we offer
- Your birthday off as an extra day of leave. Enjoy!
- You’ll change young Londoners’ lives
- You’ll have an influential voice in a growing start-up
- You’ll join our team at special networking events
- No minimum education required
- At least 1 year of experience in a phone repair role
- A 'roll-your-sleeves-up' attitude
- When it comes to iPhones, Samsung smartphones and iPads, you're exceptional at device diagnostics, LCD/digitizer replacement and component-level repairs. Integrated circuit (IC) repair and micro-soldering (BGA and SMD) would be bonuses.
- You can use your tech geekery to teach trainees and charm customers
- You take responsibility in your stride
- You can spin a lot of plates at once
- Education Level
- Secondary School
- Working hours per week
- 16 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Casual / Part Time Jobs, Temporary Full Time
- Salary indication
Between £23000 and £27000 per year
- Responsible for
- Phone repair
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Technical, ICT
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required