What are you going to do
Wedding planner/Romance Planner intern wanted - LONDON
If you're interested in learning more about the life of a Romance planner then an internship or work experience could be just what you're looking for. And we happen to be looking for someone to start working with us ASAP
One romance interns will shadow us whilst we organise amazing romantic events – from proposals to first dates, and also gain an understanding of how running an entrepreneurial business works. We are looking for someone bubbly and enthusiastic, someone who has passion for the events industry, someone for whom this isn't a future career but more a calling. Ideally you are a wedding planner in the making!
You'll receive hands on experience on how much detail goes into organising each client event. You will also get the opportunity to run some events yourself. If you impress us enough and we feel we can't be without you, then there might even be a change of taking over The One Romance Weddings section of the business which will be launching soon!
Interning with us will:
- Enable you to gain experience before entering into paid employment, starting your own business or even the possibility of heading up our own wedding planning section!
- Enable you to make professional networking connections with our excellent suppliers, venues and event planners
- Provide you with a commendable reference for you to use if seeking employment elsewhere
- Give you an understanding of how an event planners works
- The chance to be hands on at some of the events (And if you are confident enough even plan some proposals/romantic events yourself!)
- Give you additional skills in PR, marketing,blogging and negotiating. All essential in running your own entrepreneurial business.
- You also have the opportunity to attend client meetings and events
The ideal candidate will have/be some of the below:
- A passion for weddings and romance, someone who constantly reads bridal magazines and blogs.
- An eagerness to go out and get -whether that's finding amazing new venues, searching out new and unique suppliers or just bombarding us with the world's most amazing romantic ideas!
- Extremely organised with the ability to juggle different tasks at the same time, from managing social media to putting together proposal plans and chatting with clients.
- A confident but unflappable personality
- An ability to adapt to a home office environment and also be able to work from your own home
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office, basic photo editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of at least 2 of the following social media platforms: twitter, Instagram, facebook, Pinterest
- Confident on the phone and willing to think on their feet
- Creative and romantic – we don't want any of our events to be like anything done before. They need to be new and different (And make people want to cry happy tears!) therefore creativity is a must!
What hours are you needed?
3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), 10-6
On Wednesday you will need to be in the home office of Amanda in Muswell Hill (North London) thus your own car, or happiness to use the tube, is essential. The remaining 2 other days can be at your own home. You also have the opportunity to attend client meetings and events if you wanted to. (Please note a lot of our proposals take place on a weekend so if you did want to earn some extra money and manage these then flexibility at the weekends is compulsory)
- 3 months ideally although this can be flexible depending on the right candidate, starting ASAP.
A few things that are important to know before applying for this internship:
- An internship is unpaid, however any meetings or events you attend will have travel expenses covered by us. If working at an event you will be paid an fixed day rate
- Please only apply if you are in London as you will need to be able to get to Muswell Hill on a wednesday to work in the home office
How to apply
Please apply by the 14th October with:
- Your C.V +
- Let us know why you would like this internship and what skills you have that will make us want to take you on and never want you to leave!
- A link to an amazing venue or proposal that you have seen online and would like to emulate
Deadline for applications:14th October 2018
We promise to give you as much guidance and help as possible and give your hands on opportunities to really get involved in the business. Although you will not receive payment we will ensure the training and mentoring you receive far outweigh the time you have spent not earning.
If you really impress us then there could be the opportunity to manage our wedding planning section -which we are launching soon!
What we offer
- Chance to run your own events
- possibility of heading up our own wedding planning section!
- opportunity to attend client meetings and events
What we ask:
- At least finished university degree
- Event planning
- confident but unflappable personality
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- 25 - 30
- Type of Contract
- Internships, Graduate Internship, Placements
- Salary indication
Between £0 and £100 Per Month
- Responsible for
- Wedding planing and proposal planning
- Type of Job
- Advertising / Marketing / PR , Project Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required