Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Role: Powerplant Engineer
Salary: £49,084.64 - £56,181.22
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Job Purpose: Commercial, technical and project control of the company’s aircraft and spare Powerplant Equipment
- Capable of managing and controlling of an allocated aspect of the companies Powerplant activities and the development of processes and procedures to optimise performance and compliance with EASA/CAA requirements.
- Able to ensure the accomplishment of any Airworthiness Directive and any other continued airworthiness requirement made mandatory for engines by EASA/CAA including operational interface of AD requirements if applicable.
- Tracking of all Shop Visit costing and advising Aircraft and Engine Assets Manager of suitable cost forecasting
- Working together with a team of engineering staff, able ensure that Powerplant return off lease activity is achieved on time, within budget and meets all airworthiness requirements.
- Working with the Head of Powerplant to ensure the effective management and development of engine maintenance programmes (EMP’s) where this function of airworthiness co-ordination has been delegated by the contracted airline. The provision of an engine maintenance programme approved by the NAA for each engine type operated by the company.
- Working closely with the Powerplant Administrators, ensure that Engine condition monitoring (ECM) in respect of in service engines is updated and correct so that any adverse trends are identified and responded to promptly.
- Ensuring that engine shop visit work scopes comply to EMP/Head Lease/CAA/EASA requirements and engine maintenance is optimised in every respect.
- Demonstrated ability in ensuring that modifications for engines are accomplished in accordance with an approved standard, and for establishing a policy for the embodiment of non-mandatory modifications and service information which are published by the engine manufacturers.
Key Performance Indicators
- Exceptional Technical support supplied to company operational requirements.
- Ensure all OEM and regulatory requirements on allocated fleet are fulfilled.
- Ensure correct fleet planning, management and control of all Powerplant technical OEM and regulatory obligations/ requirements.
- FC072 – Head of Powerplant
Capabilities Profile – technical skills/knowledge, experience & track record.
- Confident with strong communication, negotiation and people skills, with an ability to manage both internal and external customers and suppliers, often in difficult circumstances
- Confident decision-maker with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours and responsibilities.
- Must have an understanding of commercial aircraft maintenance
- Project Management and Analysis Skills
- Good financial understanding and control.
- Prior Powerplant experience
- Proven track record in commercial aviation engineering
- Line, Base and Overhaul Repair Agency Experience
- Proven relevant experience
- Previous experience of managing OEM relationships
- Experience on one or more of the following engine types:
T700, RB211-535, CFM56-5A, CFM56-5B, CF6-80C, PW4000
Qualifications, Training, Professional Memberships or Accreditations
- Licensed Engineer or Graduate Engineer
- Prior type training an advantage
Direct reports: n/a
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.