Trainee Product Technologist - Reading
Purpose of role:
To contribute in developing product in line with Primark Quality Assurance Standards. To assist both the Assistant and Product Technologists, buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders in maintaining best practice and ensuring product meets the Primark customer's expectations.
Product and Process
• Demonstrates basic technical knowledge to support the delivery of quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
• Build and develop their capability to assess commercial quality and testing requirements
• Assist with product development and adhere to “the Best Practice” sample process flow
• Investigate Gold Seal rejections and communicate quality issues to buying teams and suppliers
• Demonstrate an understanding of the legal/product/retail requirements for labelling
• Assist in identifying potential fit, fabric or component quality issues
• Manage reporting of testing submissions by supplier/product area/product type
• Compile tech packs and score card analysis as part of the delivery of the key line programme to ensure Primark quality standards and cost efficiencies are achieved
• Investigate and support resolution of quality issues in a timely manner with clear solutions and communication to all relevant stakeholders
• Monitors the Returns Report to identify high returning styles/products, highlighting risk to Assistant or Product Technologists to enable improvements
• With guidance from the Product Technologist learn to identify risk suppliers/product for Pre-shipment and CFS inspection
• Investigate customer feedback/customer complaints/product issues and record on the quality incident log
• Communicate with suppliers on the technical development of product.
• Highlight risk areas from testing submissions and with support of the Product Technologists work on an improvement plan
• Assist Suppliers on technical queries concerning product development
• Assist with regular updates to the supply base on Primark quality standards
• Gain an understanding of the ethical team’s factory audit process and compliance to understand supplier performance.
Communication and Influence
• Communicates and interacts clearly and concisely to ensure that information is understood by buying teams, retail and external contacts
• Demonstrates/develop effective communication skills tailored to the audience and objectives; provides feedback and responds to others in a professional, courteous and respectful manner.
• Supports the Assistant Technologist and Product Technologist to deliver training and engagement with Buying teams and Suppliers to improve the sampling hit rate
• Identifies and gathers relevant information to solve problems and make informed decisions relating to quality standards.
• Makes decisions independently within parameters and understands when to seek guidance; collaborates with impacted stakeholders (Buyers, Suppliers and Peers).
• Attends B&M department meetings representing Quality Assurance
Working with others
• Works effectively with others to deliver common goals; readily offers support.
• Respects the ideas and contributions of others and readily takes opportunities to learn and seek out stretching opportunities to support own development
• Demonstrates self-awareness and understanding of own skills, abilities and development areas
• Prioritises and manages own activities in a structured, independent and timely way; keeps others informed and obtains additional information when required.
• Understands business need for flexibility and modifies behaviour accordingly; exhibits a positive, determined and results driven attitude.
• Contributes to and supports the delivery and content of the Primark Quality Academy training courses
• Supports training in best practice for sample approval to QA, buying teams and suppliers
• Supports regular updates to the buying teams and suppliers regarding new sections within the QA manual
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with a progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at
We’re always open to talking about your development and we offer lots of fantastic training courses to really help you shine. You’ll also
have more responsibility than at your average retailer, so you’ll be able to learn quickly.
We’re proud of our friendly culture at Primark. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know some great people in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym, as well as a brand-new fitness studio
with a variety of classes available.
So, if you have the right experience and want to be part of one of the fastest growing retailers, apply now.
- Published at
- Type of Job
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required