Work for TESCO! One of the biggest and most successful supermarkets in the UK.
As a Shift Leader, you will be working in a fast paced retail environment where no day is the same.
You will take ownership of store activities by running duty shifts, co-ordinating a team to deliver a clean and full store that exceeds customer expectations.
As the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will be constantly looking for ways to improve service in your store through on the job coaching and feedback
You will have a great understanding of how your store is performing and be the expert in delivering practical actions for its improvement by taking a hands on approach.
With your guidance, your store will always remain a safe place to work and shop.
• Understanding what may be getting in the way of individuals delivering a great service and actively remove these obstacles with them.
• Celebrating success within the team, being creative in the way you achieve this.
• Being readily available to resolve customer and colleague queries, leaving them with a smile on their face.
• Ensuring the team are dressed for service and positively reflect our brand.
• Providing constructive feedback to Team Manager on individuals contribution to serving customers well.
• Role modelling great customer service and standards of dress, demonstrating a natural enthusiasm to delight our customers.
• Ensuring our colleagues have the tools to deliver their role well.
• Developing own Operational and Behavioural Skills.
Effectively co-ordinate resource to provide excellent service to customers by:
• Forward planning to ensure right resource is available at the right time in the coming week.
• Updating the Duty Manager to ensure they are kept well informed and able to pro-actively support.
• Supporting managers to co-ordinate seasonal, community and charity events, creating a great inclusive atmosphere.
• Being knowledgeable of department KPI’s and delivers the practical actions required to achieve these.
You’ll be someone with great communication skills and works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to give our customers great service.
We’ll be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:
We’re proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free